Fifteen

Harry's POV:

I heard her screams.

That will probably haunt me until the day I die.

When I heard her screams, I jumped up and grabbed my keys. I had to find her. She had to have been on her way home. I just needed to know where she was.

I hurried out of my flat and to the elevators. It seemed like they were slower than usual. I got into my car and tried to think of the route that (y/n) would've went. It didn't take me long to find. There were two ambulances. A crowd formed in the short time the accident happened.

I saw her car. The other car hit her right on the drivers side. It looked terrible. I felt the color drain from my face.

I parked my car near the ambulance and jumped out with it still running.

"Sir, you have to step back!" One of the police officers warned me.

"That is my girlfriend!" I yelled. The officer let me through and I rushed to the scene. I saw (y/n) on a gerney. She was unconscious and I felt my heart break into a million pieces. It was all my fault.

If I wasn't such an asshole with her, we would still be at my flat catching up.

"Sir, you are going to have to meet us at the hospital." One of the paramedics told me.

She told me which one they would be bringing (y/n) to and I hurried back to my car.

I called Torrance.

"Harry, I assume things aren't good since you are calling me." She chuckled.

"Torrance, you need to call (y/n)'s parents. I don't have their number. She was just in an accident." I said as I made my way to the hospital.

"What?! I'm with her parents now. I came with her. Is she okay?" I knew that Torrance was freaking out.

"I don't know. I'm on my way to the hospital." I told her which one to meet me at and we hung up.

I wanted to race to the hospital. I needed to be there for her. When I got to the hospital, I parked and rushed into the emergency room. I went to the front desk.

The last looked started as I practically ran to the desk.

"May I help you, sir?" She asked me with wide eyes.

"I need to see (y/f/n) (y/l/n)." I told her.

She typed something into her computer, "She just went into surgery. You'll have to wait in the waiting room."

I felt numb, "Surgery?"

The lady nodded, "The doctor will give you the details you need when it's over. Please have a seat." She gestured to the waiting room. I went to sit down and put my head in my hands.

I had to stop myself from crying.

I had to believe that everything was going to be okay. I couldn't let myself think otherwise.

Ten minutes later, I heard people coming into the waiting room. It was (Y/n)'s parents along with Torrance. They spotted me sitting and came over to me.

"Have you heard anything?" Her dad asked me.

I shook my head, "All I was told was that she went into surgery."

"Surgery?" Torrance muttered.

I looked down at my shoes, "Yeah."

We all sat down and waited. It seemed like time was going by so slowly. I just wanted to see her.

A doctor came toward us and we all stood up.

"I'm Dr. Thompson. Are you here for (y/n)?" He asked us.

"Yes, we are." (Y/n)'s dad answered.

"(Y/n) suffered head trauma from the collision.She has a broken left leg and shards of glass pierced her neck. We had to surgically remove them before they could do any damage to her. But-" he trailed off.

"But what?" I asked him afraid of what he was going to say.

"But, she might be in a lot of pain in the next few days."

I couldn't help the tears that fell from my eyes. Dr. Thompson led us to the room they held her in.

I didn't know if I could handle it. I saw her there.

She had different tubes in her and I couldn't stand it. I wanted her to be awake. I wanted to tell her that I loved her. I wanted her to know that I had always been there. Her parents sat with her for a while before they let me go in there alone.

I went and sat next to her. I grabbed her hand and I cried. I let it all out. All of the pain I had been feeling.

Then, I felt her hand move in mine. At first, I thought that I imagined it. I looked up at her and her eyes fluttered open.

"(Y/n)." I breathed out.

She looked around the room and then back at me.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her.

She closed her eyes and touched her head, "I have a headache."

"The doctor said you would be in pain for a little while." I told her.

"I don't mean to be rude, but who exactly are you?" she asked me.

I froze. She didn't remember me.