Chapter Twenty-Three

Robyn was sat at the Gryffindor table eating breakfast with a grin on her face. She got up early so she didn't have to deal with Hermione's questions. She would let Harry deal with that.

Suddenly, an unknown owl swooped down and dropped two letters on her lap. She knew instantly one was off her family. They had been sending her letters much more frequently since finding out what happened to her. But lately they couldn't ask her what they wanted. They had to be careful with their choice of words as now all the letters were being monitored so they just usually stuck to how she was doing and if the schooling year was going okay so far.

Robyn tucked the letter from her family safe in her robes once she read it. She would reply to it later. Next, she picked up the unknown letter. She opened it to find it was Dumbledore to whom the letter was from; he was asking her to go to his office as there was a matter they needed to discuss.

Robyn swallowed. She loved Dumbledore, he was a great Headmaster, and he was so kind but she hated the topic of conversation she knew they would be having as it always made a chill run right to her very bones and heart.

As Robyn finished her toast, she stood up and collected her bag. Halfway from exiting the Hall, she met Harry, Ron and Hermione.

She smiled upon seeing them. "Can't talk now. Got something to do." Was all she said and with a brisk kiss on Harry's cheek, she was out the Great Hall and off to Dumbledore's office.

Upon getting to the statue, Robyn sighed. She didn't know the password. Looking back down at her letter, a sentence caught her attention; I like lemon Drops...

Robyn grinned. "Lemon Drops," She said to the statue, amused. "Thank you." The statue began to take her up.

The wooden door greeted her and she didn't even have to knock before it opened, allowing her access in.

Robyn stood there confused until she saw Dumbledore sitting at his desk and peering at her with his blue eyes. "Ah, Robyn. Glad you could make it. Please come in."

Robyn smiled. "Thank you, sir."

Stepping in, Robyn walked straight over to his desk and sat down. Only then did she allow her eyes to wander around the office. She had been in Dumbledore's office many a times but it never ceased to amaze her. Her favourite possession of his was his Phoenix called Fawkes.

Dumbledore's light chuckle brought Robyn back to earth and a light blush warmed her cheeks.

"He is quite spectacular. My favourite magical creature by far." Dumbledore mused, smiling as if he was reliving a distant but fond memory.

"What about your favourite Muggle creature, sir?" Robyn found herself asking in interest.

Dumbledore looked down at her through his half-moon spectacles. "Well, I'm quite fond of cats, Miss. Thompson."

Robyn nodded, a giggle escaping her lips when her mind trailed over to Professor McGonagall.

She then mentally gagged and shook her head, bringing herself back to the real world. "You wanted something, Professor?"

Dumbledore nodded, his face turning sullen. "Yes, I believe I did. An update perhaps?"

Robyn shrugged. "But there's nothing really to tell."

Dumbledore gave her a knowing look. "I would watch Noah from now on Miss. Thompson."

Robyn stared at her Headmaster and the look in his eyes told Robyn that he knew. He knew everything. "I will sir, don't worry."

Dumbledore clapped his hands together, making Robyn jump. "Well if that is all and you have nothing to say, I think we are done here. You may go back down to breakfast."