Chapter Twenty-Four

Harry and George stood in front of a raging McGonagall. They had been wisked away after the fight and now they had to deal with the punishment. Harry knew he deserved it. He still didn't regret what he did but he did know that what he did was wrong.

"I have never been more ashamed of two Gryffindors in all my years of teaching. Resorting to Muggle fighting!" McGonagall fumed, her stern gaze piercing into theirs. She looked so disappointed, the two Gryffindors couldn't help but feel guilty.

"Professor he insulted my family, and Harry's dead mother." George defended, his face still red with anger.

"I don't care if he insulted every person in your lineage. Do you two have any idea what you've done? Fifty points will be taken each. And you will both serve detention for a month."

Harry winced but didn't say anything. To him, it was fair.

"I'm sorry, Professor."

"Sorry doesn't cut it this time, Potter." McGonagall said, though her face softened.

"Hem, hem!" The sound caused all three of them to freeze. Throughout their chat, Umbridge had managed to sneak in. "May I help, Minerva?"

Impossible as it seemed, Professor McGonagall looked even more furious that Umbridge was in her class room and that she addressed her by her first name in front of students.

"Help? No, I'm quite capable of handling those in my own house, thank you!" McGonagall's face was stoic and stern like usual and her lips were drawn in a tight line.

"Well, I'm afraid I'm of the opinion that a simple detention isn't enough for these two." Umbridge interjected, looking far too happy and cheerful. It made Harry furious with anger but also made a chill run through his body at what she had in mind. If it wasn't for the fear, Harry was sure he would be back to seeing red again.

"Well, I'm afraid your opinion doesn't count to my students." McGonagall countered curtly, her hands held together.

"Well, I'm afraid it does. Educational Decree Twenty-Five says it does!" Umbridge, again, was having too much fun with this. Harry and George could tell by the ever growing smile on her face.

"Not another one." McGonagall muttered to herself with exasperation and annoyance.

"'High Inquisitor has the power to strip pupils of privileges.' And I think I'm going to have to ban these two from playing Quidditch. Ever again." Umbridge continued in sadistic pleasure.

"What?" Harry exclaimed in shock and anger.

"Oh, and the boy's twin brother too."

"Fred didn't even do anything!" George exploded, glaring at the pink women.

"Well, if his fellow teammates hadn't restrained him, I feel he would of. The rest of the team may keep playing. I'll be taking their brooms. Good day."

Umbridge turned and left, leaving Professor McGonagall looking almost as enraged as Harry.

>>>

Harry sat in the centre of the Common Room near the fire. Robyn was sitting on one of the armchairs, not far from the green eyed boy.

Hermione and Ron sat by the window and Fred and George were sat on the sofa.

Harry was staring aimlessly into space and Robyn was watching him lovingly, wondering what he was thinking about.

"I have never hated someone as much as I hate her. I wish Voldemort would just walk into Hogwarts and we could finish her off together. Then he could go back to being my mortal enemy." Harry spoke up randomly with a fierce voice.