Chapter Thirty-One

Harry walked along the corridor calmly, trying to act as casual as possible even though his heart was beating fast in his chest. His brain worked hard on coming up with an excuse if the worst case scenario were to occur; he got caught.

Suddenly, when he thought he would be fine and his heart rate was beginning to slow down to a normal pace, something caught his leg and he fell to the floor with a painful groan.

Harry heard footsteps approaching him and soon Malfoy came into view wearing a smug little smirk. "Trip Jinx, Potter!"

Harry didn't waste time in reaching his hand out and grabbing his wand and poising it so it was pointed at Draco. "I don't have time for this today, Malfoy!"

Draco's smirk didn't falter but grew in size as he watched Potter with much amusement. Excitement buzzed through his veins. He had won this one. "That's what you think . . . PROFESSOR, I GOT HIM!"

Harry's eyes widened as Umbridge came sauntering into view wearing that same menacing smile and those same pink clothes that infuriated Harry so much.

Harry quickly lowered his wand.

Umbridge looked beyond pleased as that same sadistic pleasure gleamed in her eyes and a disgusting grin stretched on her lips, showing a row of pointed teeth. "Excellent, Draco! Fifty points! See if you can round up a few others. Look for Weasley and Granger, they should be around here somewhere."

Malfoy nodded and immediately scampered off without a word.

Harry felt anger burn through his veins but fear of what was going to happen froze the very fire that was running through them.

"You're coming with me!" Umbridge said as she pulled Harry up forcefully and began to lead him through the castle...

>>>

Harry tried to remain composed as Umbridge pushed him up the stairs leading to Dumbledore's office. But when he entered the room, the sight made him pause.

Dumbledore was sitting behind his desk as he normally would but the room was packed. Kingsley, Percy (quill in hand), Professor McGonagall, Fudge and two Auror's (Dawlish and Joseph) stood in the room all looking rather grim.

Harry gulped as Fudge smiled at him, one of the only people who looked happy besides Umbridge. It made Harry's blood boil.

"Well, Harry. Game over, I'm afraid." Fudge said, looking over at Harry and Harry did his best to look confused.

Umbridge, or Umbitch as Harry liked to call her thanks to Robyn, still had a death grip on Harry's arm but when Harry wiggled for escape she only held on tighter. "The Malfoy boy caught him."

"Excellent! I'll remember to tell Lucius." Fudge smiled, something gleaming in his eyes; like a giddy excitement. "I expect you know why you're here?"

Harry put on his best show. He looked at everyone in the room and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Well, no."

Fudge's face dropped instantly and his tone held anger. "Excuse me?"

Harry forced down his anxiety and put on his best nonchalant face. "All I know is I'm walking by myself and Malfoy jinxes me. I'd like to make a complaint, if I could."

Harry swore he saw McGonagall give a half smile and he fought back his own.

Fudge stared furiously at Harry. "There's no slithering your way out of trouble this time, Potter! So, you are not aware of breaking any school decrees?"

Harry shrugged. "Well, dunno?" Harry turned to Umbridge. "Did you make any new ones in the past five minutes."

Umbridge sneered but then smiled wickedly. "I think I'll fetch out our informant."