Chapter Thirty

Harry walked down the corridor, on his way to Snape's classroom for his first Occlumency lesson. His whole body protested him not to go. He wanted nothing to do with Snape and Harry could clearly tell the Professor felt the same way.

As Harry entered the Potions classroom, he noticed a single chair stood in front of the Professors desk to which Snape was sitting behind.

Severus didn't even look up from his desk, only knowing Harry was there from the squeak of his sneakers. "Shut the door, Potter."

Harry did as he was told and walked towards Snape. He sat down on the chair and said nothing, not really knowing what to say to the Potions master.

"Well, you know why you are here, Potter. Let's just hope you prove more adept in Occlumency than you are at Potions. Now, as I hope you are now aware, Occlumency is a branch of magic to seal the mind against intrusion and influence. The Dark Lord is skilled at Legilimency, the antonym of Occlumency." Snape explained, his monotone drawl bouncing off the walls of the classroom, echoing around Harry.

"He can read minds?" Harry asked in slight horror.

"The mind is a complex thing, Potter. It cannot be opened at will. But under certain conditions, those that have mastered the art, are able to delve into the minds of their victims to a certain extent. The Dark Lord, for instance, almost always aware when someone is lying to him."

"So he could know what I'm thinking of right now?" Harry questioned again in intrigue and alarm.

Snape sighed, obviously getting annoyed by Harry's lack of knowledge. "The Dark Lord is a considerable distance away. Time and space matter in magic. It seems that the curse that failed to kill you has somehow forged a psychogenic connection between you two. It is inadvisable for this to continue."

"But, sir, why? I've been able to see his thoughts, too. I saw the snake."

"It seems the Dark Lord has been unaware of this connection until recently. Your last experience has clued him in and he's now aware such a bond exists. He knows you've had access to his thoughts and he knows the process can work in reverse. He will try and access your thoughts and feelings. If the Dark Lord breaks into your mind and discovers the secrets you know about the Order of the Phoenix it will make you more trouble than you're worth. Now take out your wand, Potter."

Harry took out his wand.

"Prepare yourself, Potter. I'm going to attempt to break into your mind. You've already shown aptitude to the Imperious Curse, you will find this similar. Brace yourself."

Harry didn't want to question why Snape seemed not to be insulting him but he didn't want to risk it so he did as he was told and took a deep breath, looking at Snape determinedly.

"Legilimens!" Snape muttered the spell with force.

Images flashed in front of both of their eyes, at first too fast to catch a glimpse but then the pair saw a five year old Harry running away from a dog and climbing up a tree. It disappeared and an older Harry was seen getting attacked by a hundred Dementors.

Yet another image was seen, and the pair of them saw Robyn standing still, smiling brilliantly at Harry as the sun caught her hazel eyes, making them glow.

Suddenly, the bond broke and Harry was brought back into Snape's room. Severus was unaffected but Harry stumbled back, breathing deeply as if he had ran for miles.

Harry looked as if he had been violated. "No." He breathed while staring at his Professor.

Snape seemed to ignore the comment. "You lost control. You let me in too deep."