Chapter Twenty-Five

Hagrid lead the quartet through the Hogwarts grounds, the four students only option to follow aimlessly.

". . . yeh see, when I found out what happened to me mother, them giants pointed something else out to me . . ." Hagrid was explaining as he took them into the Forbidden Forest, raising the lantern he had in his giant hand higher so the golden light spilled from it and illuminated the surroundings in a heavenly and inviting glow.

Ron felt a shiver crawl down his spine as he remembered the spiders. He would never forget the spiders...

Robyn felt herself moving closer towards Harry as they reached a clearing. Hagrid came to a halt, a loud and echoing noise meeting their ears that sounded oddly like heavy breathing.

Robyn felt the hairs on her neck and arms stand rigid, her breathing becoming uneven as her eyes darted around the darkness, suddenly feeling very vulnerable to attacks and very aware of every little noise around her. She wasn't very partial to the dark.

Something warm and comforting slid into her hand. At first Robyn jumped, on edge, but relaxed when she realised it was Harry's hand. She gave it a gentle squeeze and smiled at him, her body filling with warmth when he smiled back at her.

"Ah, there he is. Sleepin." Hagrid continued on into the darkness.

Promptly, Hermione's gasp echoed around them. "Oh no, Hagrid. Tell me you didn't . . ."

Hagrid shifted. "I had too." He responded defensively.

Robyn felt the air in her lungs leave her as a sudden realisation came to her. She just hoped she was wrong...

A good twenty feet in front of them was a giant shadow that was slowly rising up and down. As the golden light from the lantern hit it, the shadow slowly became more defined and the quartet could make out what it was.

"Had me a time pullin' him along. Him bein' bigger than me. But we got along fine." Hagrid went on nervously, looking at the four waiting for their reactions anxiously.

"Oh no, Hagrid, why didn't you leave him where he was?" Hermione said gently, shock evident on her face.

Ron and Harry were staring at it fearfully but also amazed.

Robyn couldn't believe her eyes. Her realisation was right. Hagrid had brought home a bloody giant.

"I couldn't, he's me brother."

Harry swallowed, finding his voice again. "When you say brother, do you mean-"

"Half-brother, yeh see. Mum went and had him a few years ago. Oh look, he's wakin' up."

The giant slowly began to rise, the ground shaking and rumbling as it did so.

Harry pushed Robyn behind him. Hermione shuddered behind Robyn and Ron hid behind Hermione.

Slowly the giant stood, all sixteen feet of it.

"Grawp, wakey, wakey!" Hagrid called up to the giant cheerfully.

"Grawp?" Robyn questioned, her voice quivering. She felt Harry's hold on her hand grow stronger.

"Hagrid, don't wake him up. I'm sure he's fine asleep."

Grawp turned and a small smile made its way on to the giants face when it saw Hagrid. That was until Grawp spotted the other four tiny people with Hagrid.

"Harry, he's looking at us." Hermione whispered to Harry as the four craned their necks to watch the giant fearfully.

"Grawp! This is 'Arry Potter!" Hagrid turned to Harry, grinning. "I've been teachin' im a spot of English, gettin' thumpin' good too, if I say so myself."