12- Will

I woke up with butterflies in my stomach.  I had finally done it.  I took a deep breath. I wondered if he had seen it? Or maybe he did and didn't like me now.  Or maybe he just ignored it?  Then I felt a weight on my stomach- a literal one.  I looked down and yelped to see a small skeleton kitten sleeping soundly on me.  Oh, Nico.  Around its neck was a small, rolled up piece of paper.  I slid it out with shaky fingers and read the words on the inside.

Roses are red,

They smell sweet as honey,

If this is a joke,

It's really not funny.

I groaned and flopped back into the bed.  Only Nico would doubt it even after reading it.  Then I laughed.  This guy was ridiculous, but in the best way.  I stroked the kitten and it vibrated.  I pulled my hand back before realizing it was just purring.  Then I got up, out of bed, and walked over to the Hades cabin, the bony animal following.  I hesitated before knocking on the door, I was kind of nervous.  Before I could, it opened by itself and I was faced with a very confused Nico Di Angelo.

"Hey, Death Boy."

"You got my note, right?  I think you made a mistake." He frowned.

"I'm sure I didn't." The kitten wrapped its tail around my leg. "Don't you get it? I would spell it out for you, but I'm dyslexic." I joked.  He smiled, shaking his head, and tried to walk past me.  I twisted around and grabbed his arm.  "Nico.. I like you.  A lot. I just wanted you to know.  And I wanted to know if you.." He looked up at me. 

"I like you a lot, too."  I sighed in relief.  

"Thank gods.  So you want to go on a date with me?" I smirked.

"W- what?  Yes!" He stuttered.  I beamed.  

"Great! I'll meet you at your cabin on Friday then?" I was already planning something, the smile on my face wouldn't leave.  I took his hand and gave it a quick squeeze, then turned around and walked to the Aphrodite cabin, leaving him by his door.  I hoped Piper would answer, I needed advice.  I knocked on the door and Drew opened it.  Ew.

"Hey, there, hottie." I groaned and rolled my eyes.  She pushed me out of the cabin and back out onto the green of the field.  I caught a glimpse of Nico watching me from his cabin, horrified.  

"Drew!  Let me go!" I protested, but she just clutched the collar of my shirt and pulled her face closer to mine.  I backed up, my hair falling into my face.  She brushed it away and smiled seductively.  I pushed her shoulder, trying to get her off me. She smelled like cinnamon and perfume.  Too much for my liking.  She started whispering things, and I blocked them out of my head.  Then she kissed me.  I tried to pull away, but she tugged me in.  When I finally managed to jerk away from her grip, I wiped my mouth with my sleeve. 

"Aw, didn't like it, sugar?" I spat at her. 

"Let go of me, Drew."  She released her grip from my shirt. 

"But.. don't you want more?" 

"Not in the slightest- that was way too much for me." She pecked my lips again, and this time I was angry.  "Ugh! Just- go back to wherever you came from!" I exclaimed, frustrated and panicking.  A voice came from behind me.

"Although the quickest way back to hell would be through me." Nico stepped forward and Drew slunk back.  "Screw off, Drew.  He doesn't like you, get it?"  She huffed and stormed the other way.  He turned to me.  My eyes widened in worry.

"I promise I didn't-"

"I know. I saw. It's okay, as long as you didn't want to." 

"I didn't!"  He shrugged and smiled, taking my hand and walking back to the pavilion.  I guess I would catch Piper later.