15- Nico

Not every story has a happy ending. 

This is what I told myself the first day.  This is what slipped out of my mind for every day I wore a smile.  And this is what I was repeating to myself now.  A month it had been since our first date.  Only a month... it seemed to pass by so quickly and now I wished on everything to turn back time and live it again.  I sighed.  A knock sounded on the door.  I ignored it.
"Nico? Nico, please.  I'm worried about you, you've been in there a week.  Please, come out." It was Jason.
"I'm not coming out. I'm never coming out." I turned around and sobbed into my pillow.
"Then I'm coming in." Jason opened the door and closed it behind him, and I was surprised I didn't lock it. He came closer and wrapped me in a hug, and I just cried softly into his shoulder. "I know, Nico. I know how hard it must've been for you. It was hard for me, too." He said softly. "But he's gone now, and you will move on eventually. He would've wanted you to be happy, even when he was in the coma." I looked up.
"I should've tried harder! I should've gone out and found a cure!" I choked. He put his hands on my shoulders.
"No, Nico, you did everything you could. He's happy now. He's in Elysium, I know he is. Don't worry. Just come out." I knew he was right. I just- I couldn't bring myself to believe there wasn't another way. I just let out another sob and glanced outside the window. I couldn't look- the sun was out. It reminded me of him. The sun was always out when he was there with me. I missed my sun. I missed Will.

I shot up with a gasp and a choked on my own tears. My head pounded and my eyes hurt.  I didn't feel like standing. I looked outside. Sunny. A knock on my door.
"Death boy, get up! Plans for today!" A familiar voice. I swung the door open and threw my arms around my boyfriend. Worst dream ever. He stood still for a moment, not used to my affection, and then wrapped his arms around me too. I buried my head in his shoulder. He smelled fresh, like lemons and daisies. I savored it.
"You idiot." I said into his shirt.
"What did I do again?"
"Nothing. You scared me."
"Sorry for scaring you." He chuckled. I pushed him off me gently and wiped my eyes.  Suddenly, my head rushed and I felt dizzy.  My stomach churned.  Then he looked at my face with worry. "Are you okay? You look pale." He rested his hand on my aching head. "Ah. You have a fever." I coughed.
"I'm fine."
"You're sick." My stomach heaved and I ran back into my cabin and threw up in the toilet. He followed me inside.  When I got up again, I washed my hands and looked back at him.
"I'm fine."
"Save it, snappy. You're sick. I'm going to take care of you today."