29- Will

I stayed with Nico for about two weeks after his second Tartarus escapade.  He often woke up screaming, or crying, or tightly clutching my shirt. To be honest, the last one was quite cute, but I didn't want him in pain so I resisted the urge to leave him be and woke him up instead. I still thought about the fact that he put himself through literal hell for me. I know I would do the same if it were him, but he's so incredible- he knew what it was like and chose to do it again. I glanced up at him leaning against the doorframe in the infirmary, watching me work. He smiled slowly, and I couldn't help but smile back. Then he walked over and ruffled my hair.
"Back to work, William." He teased into my ear, and I, chuckling, turned back to the patient at hand. It was nothing serious. Just a sprained ankle, I could easily fix that. As soon as I had set I'd for her and given her some ambrosia, the girl got up and walked off, leaving me with Nico. I stood and started rearranging the supplies in the cabinet. It was kind of a habit. "Ok, Solace. Your shift is over and you've arranged those 5 times this week. Come on, let's go out."
"Okay." I was ever so grateful to accept, and kissed him on the cheek as we walked out of the infirmary. He still turned the cutest shade of crimson. I loved knowing it was because of me. He chuckled for a minute, then looked up at me.
"What?" He asked, and I realized I was staring.
"You are incredible, Di Angelo." I laughed too, and intertwined our fingers. His shoulder bumped my arm playfully. Our feet moved without us realizing, and soon they had taken us to our spot. The strawberry fields were rich with berries, and I popped one into his mouth and then my own as we sat in the vines. The sun was glowing over the hill, and Nico's hair had a silver lining because of it. I lay down and rested my head in his lap, and he fiddled with strands of my hair subconsciously, staring out beyond the border.
"I love you." He said suddenly. His eyes flickered down and examined my own.
"Oh, Nico I love you too."
"I don't ever want to lose you. And whatever happens, I will always be there for you." He whispered. My hand reached up and stroked his cheek gently, and I realized he was crying.
"What's the matter, sunshine?" I asked gently, getting up and wiping the tears on his cheek with my thumb. He blinked, and another one rolled down his face.
"Nothing. We're okay." He laughed slightly, relieved. "For once, we're okay." He turned to me and wrapped his arms around me, burying his head in my shoulder. I adjusted him onto my lap, and placed a kiss on the top of his head.
"Yeah, Neeks. We're okay. And we'll be okay as long as we're together. As long as I have you." I tipped his head up and kissed him softly on the lips, and then we lay down, him on top of me, me playing with his hair and kissing his face. "I'm so lucky." I whispered, and he shook his head.
"Nah, I'm the lucky one. You're the only person I'm glad I stuck with." He made a face, and I laughed.
"Would you stick with me forever?"
"Till the end of time."
"I love you."
"I love you too."

And as the sun set on the strawberry fields that night, it wasn't really setting. Because it rose on something else- our story. Tomorrow was a new day, a new chance for me, for us. And we would take every day and grab hold of it, treasure every moment that passed us by. Because now I had someone. And now someone had me, and I would never have it any other way. We've been through a lot, that I admit. But everything that haunts us has brought us closer, and now our story together is just beginning. We had no idea what was store for us. But we knew, whatever it was, we would get through it together, so long as the sun was in the sky.

The End