17- Will

I paced outside Nico's door, worried. When I had checked him, I knew there was something wrong.  I reached up and wiped a bead of sweat from my forehead, pushing away the strands of hair that had stuck to it.  It was unusually hot today.  Maybe that had something to do with it. Let's see, dizziness and vomiting, what could that be? I sighed in exasperation, placing my head in my hands.  Let's see... I knew that he hasn't eaten a lot, we were still trying to get over his little food problem, and he didn't drink much.  Dehydration. That was it.  I couldn't believe it was this bad just from dehydration.  The door flew open and a ruffled looking Nico clapped his hands over his mouth, then slowly removed them and made a face. 
"Will," he said queasily, then he groaned slightly. "Oh, Nico." I took his hand and led him back into his room, sitting him on the bed. Then I rushed back and got him a mug of peppermint tea and dry cereal, and then I turned on a fan in the window. He patted the bed next to him, and I sat down. His head slumped onto my shoulder and I rubbed his arm soothingly. I spent the next few hours just being with him, making small talk and sitting with him while he rested. Once in a while I checked his vitals. Hopefully he would be better tomorrow. The sun had almost gone down now. I was about to creep back to my cabin when Nico shot up. I jumped.
"W-will!" He said frantically, breathing deeply. His eyes searched the room until they rested on me, and he visibly relaxed. I walked back towards the bed.
"What's wrong, Angel?" I asked quietly.
"I- I had a dream. I don't think I'll be sleeping again anytime soon." I shrugged, this was reasonable.
"Fair enough. Go for a walk with me then? It'll help your sickness." He nodded and slipped out of bed, tugging his converse on and following me outside into the warm, breezy night. We walked in silence around the camp, careful to avoid the harpies. I held Nico's cool, slim hand in mine, and my mind wandered. I thought about how we still hadn't told anyone about us. He only held my hand when no one was looking, and I still hadn't kissed him yet.  We were working our way up to making our relationship public.  The only people who knew were Piper and Jason.  Of course.  I hadn't even noticed when we stumbled upon the beach.  Nico let go of my hand and almost glided over to the edge of the water, sitting down peacefully in the silence.  I stood behind him, staring out at the stars.  My feet moved slowly towards the water and I found myself up to my ankles in the cold ocean. 
"What are you doing?"  Nico's voice snapped me out of my trance.
"I.. don't know."
"Well, you got me wet."  He coughed.  I was tempted to soak him, but then thought better of it since he was sick after all.  I settled for a small splash, then laughed as he groaned and the water dropped from his hair.  He stood up and kicked the waves towards me, my shorts getting soaked from the impact.
"Hey!" I protested. He smirked and crossed his arms triumphantly.  Now to wipe the smirk of his face.  I dipped a hidden hand in the ocean and walked over calmly.  "Yeah, yeah, you got me, get over it."  We laughed and I put my wet arm around his shoulder, soaking the back of his neck in the process. He yelped, jumping, and then whacked my shoulder, drying his neck with his sleeve.
"Will!" I just chuckled and shrugged. 
"Let's go back, huh?"
"Yeah, fine. But no tricks this time." He challenged. I nodded and out my arm back around the smaller figure.  He sneezed.  He was so cute.  We walked back to his cabin, where I tucked him back into bed and he fell asleep in my arms.  It was too good to be true.

Too good to be true.