26- Will

I could feel my heart slow down.
It wasn't scary, just sad. So many people needed me, and I wasn't out there helping. I wanted to cry. I wanted to feel Nico's hand in mine for the last time. I knew I was dying, and I was okay with it, but Nico wouldn't be. I reached out to him with the strength I had left, at the same time pushing my eyes open for the first time in days. The first thing I saw was a sleeping Austin in the corner. Piper walked in, put a hand on his shoulder, and then made her way to me. I felt a tear slip down my cheek, and it wasn't mine.
"Piper-" I choked out. She looked at me, a smile forming on her face.
"Will. You're awake. You're going to be okay. Nico-"
"Piper, I'm dying." I shuddered out, my throat burning. Her voice caught, and more tears oozed from her eyes. I felt myself tear up. "Nico." I managed to say. She nodded, and left for a moment. When she returned, it was with Percy's fountain from the Poseidon cabin. I remembered how he got it his second year here. That was before Nico came. She tossed a drachma into it and managed to pray to the goddess of the rainbow.
"Show me Nico Di Angelo."
The image flickered, and through my blurred, wet vision, I saw red. Red and black and burning. I saw a figure, pale skin, black hair, slashing and swinging a deep black sword. He emitted shadows and darkness. Someone lay in front of him, passed out. I tried to smile, but then winced in pain. My heart hurt, like it was being fried.
"Nico," I choked. He whipped around.
"Will." He sobbed, rushing to the shimmer of mist. "You're going to be okay, I'm getting it."
"No, Nico, just come home. I'm gonna die. I need you."
He let out another sob, nodding. "Okay."
Somehow I knew he would do all in his power to save me before he came home. I wanted to tell him no, to just come back. I needed him. He slashed through the message with his sword and gave me one last teary smile before evaporating. And I let myself break down when he did, nothing left of me but my tears, because I knew I would never see him again.