19- Will

Gods, that was amazing.  It was perfect, I don't think anything's ever going to beat that moment.   I don't know if he felt it, but I mean, I did.  We walked towards the dining pavilion hand in hand, and, grabbing our plates and making offerings, we sat down at the Hades table.  I'm pretty sure Chiron didn't mind.  Jason came up to us just as we sat down.  

"Hey Nico, Will," he acknowledged us both.  I smiled and said hi back while Nico just gave him a two fingered salute and half a smile.  My hand rested on his under the table.  "How's it going, guys?"  He smiled, only half his mouth turning up sharply, sending a shiver down my spine.  I wanted to answer back cheerfully, but something was off.  I couldn't tell what it was, but Jason wasn't himself.  Then I noticed it- his eyes were a completely different color- gold.  I stuttered an unconvincing "good" and turned away from him, pulling Nico, too.  

"I think somethings up with him."  I whispered. 

"What?" 

"I don't know.  Look at his eyes.  Tell me if you see something about them." Nico nodded and we turned back around.  Jason leaned innocently on the table, examining an apple.  

"Okayyy, well, I was just dropping in to say hi, see you later!"  He tossed the apple onto the table behind him and ran back to his own table.  I lifted my glass and took a sip of Sunny D, the liquid shaking softly.  I took another sip, staring into the cup as its contents swirled unnaturally.  Suddenly, my eyes blurred.  My stomach heaved, and my head pounded.  Then as quickly as it started, it stopped.  

"Nico..." I breathed. He put a concerned hand on my shoulder. 

"You okay? You don't seem so good."  I nodded, uncertain. We stood up and walked away from the pavilion, his hand still in mine.  It was hot.  Beads of sweat rolled down my forehead, and my hands were clammy.  I dropped Nicos hand.  He glanced over at me, but I didn't notice.  I couldn't notice, rather, because everything was blurry, or double.  My throat closed up and I stopped in my tracks, reaching up to it.  I coughed, not a dry cough, but a wet, sick one.  

"Will! Are you okay?" Nico reached up and touched my forehead.  "Ouch! You're burning up." He drew back and cradled his hand for a moment, then lunged forward to catch me as I fell. I think it went black then.