16: In Which Pete and Patrick Have a (Possibly Triggering) Deep Discussion

"Nice going, jackass." It was Ryan Ross, who didn't seem all that high for once that was standing in front of Patrick. They weren't that far from the band room, but too far from the parking lot for Patrick to make a break for his car.

The smaller boy quirked an eyebrow, for once actually clueless in the given situation. "What happened?"

"You know damn well what happened, it was you that was behind it." 

With this, Patrick stepped away out of habit. "No, I actually don't...really, what happened?"

Ryan Ross packed a punch for such a scrawny kid. 

The smaller boy tasted blood, running his fingers over his busted lip as he looked back up at Ryan. "What in...what was that for?!"

"Don't play the idiot with me, Stump!"

"I don't know what's going on!"

Ryan shook his head. Patrick knew he was on something, he just didn't know what. "You royally fucked with Brendon's house. It had to be you, who the hell else would do it?!"

Aaron. "That wasn't me, I swear-"

"Oh, cut the goody-goody bullshit. Brendon may not have the balls to confront you, but I do."

Patrick shook his head, glancing around him in looking for a way out of this. "Look, Ryan, I don't want to fight with you. It wasn't me, okay? That's not my thing."

He felt the sting and rush from another punch. Though Patrick considered fighting back, he knew that as soon as he lobbed a punch at Ryan that someone would come out and assume the wrong thing. 

"Stop! Dude, just stop! What are you even on right now?!"

"I'm not on anything, kid. I just need you gone so we can be happy again."

Though, the other boy didn't seem to care as he advanced again. Yet, Patrick didn't fight back still. It was suicide, sure, but he didn't want to fight back. There was no motive. Not even to defend himself. As soon as he swung a punch, it'd be him that would get in trouble, and Ryan would twist the story with ease. He knew how this worked.

Yet it was Mr Charles that pulled Ryan back with such an oddly strong grip that made Patrick sure he was on something. "Would you want to explain what's going on here?" the teacher asked, though Mr Flowers came out shortly after and slowly approached. 

Ryan said nothing, though neither did Patrick. Instead, he nursed the busted lip and didn't want to think about the bruise he'd have to explain to his parents. Mr Charles shared a look with Mr Flowers, neither of them saying anything for a long time. 

"I think we should all make a trip to the principal's office then, don't you? He's still on campus."

-

He was home late, looking like hell in all aspects and exhausted beyond compare. Though, he couldn't make it upstairs like usual before his parents were all over him. 

"Patrick! Honey, are you okay?! We were so worried, it's been so long and you didn't tell us anything."

"Mom, I'm fine, really-"

"What is this? Who did you get into a fight with?!"

"The school took care of it, don't worry about it-"

"Patrick, we need to have a talk about this."

"Dad, no, I'm fine. It's just a bruise."

"Who did this and why, Patrick?!"