25: The Triple A Girls

It was one of Patrick's days off (usually if he got the weekend off, he'd head home for a bit and see his family and Joe- though he and Joe would play baseball and fuck, it stayed a friends-with-benefits relationship instead of turning romantic), and he figured it was time he stopped by the address Mr Charles gave him. He texted Mr Charles, asking when it would be best to come down, and after being given a time on his next day off, he gladly agreed to go over. Why not, right? 

Patrick had knocked on the door, glancing around with his Jeep parked a half block away. When the door opened, his eyes had widened mostly in surprise because this wasn't what he was expecting.

It was another teenager, maybe a little older than him. The only thing was that the boy that opened the door had a full face of makeup on and was wearing a crop top and a skirt.

"Who is it, Willam?!" The voice had an odd accent, and it didn't sound all that older than Patrick either.

"Are you the kid that Ru told to come here?"

"Y-yeah..."

"It's Ru's kid! Not literally...I dunno, the one she said was coming!"

The accented voice's owner appeared. Again, he was taller than Patrick and had half a face of makeup done but he still stood in heels. "Oh, how adorable! Let him in."

Hesitantly going inside, Patrick observed the setting. It looked like a nice enough place, but it was also a condo in the middle of the city. It was a mess inside, mostly due to the makeup, dresses, and wigs that were everywhere.

"Guys~" A nasally voice carried through the rooms. "We're gonna have to clean up before Ru gets back." Pause as the person came into view. "Oh, hello."

"Alaska. This is the kid Ru said was coming over. Apparently he was asking questions." Willam, he supposed, was the one that seemed to like to talk a lot.

"I really wasn't..."

The accented person approached, straightening out Patrick's shirt with a small pout. "Guys, you're scaring him. We're not gonna put makeup on you, I promise. I'm Shane-"

"No bitch, you're Courtney Act."

He rolled his eyes. "Call me Shane, darling," he told Patrick, guiding him into the messy room and pulling up a chair. "And the others are Willam and Justin."

"Girl, take those heels off, you're gonna be in them all night," the nasally-voiced boy said. He was the tallest there, and Patrick was assuming he must be Justin.

"So... Justin, Willam, and Shane? You're all drag queens, then?"

"You're a little slow-"

"Willam!" Shane had hit his shoulder with a fan after having been using it to dry his makeup.

"I'm allowed to make observations! Besides, we all know he's gonna get read by 'Hurricane Bianca' as soon as we get there." Willam turned to look at him, halfway through lining his lips. "How'd you get Ru to give you this address, anyways?"

"Um...well..." Patrick paused, shifting his position and shrugging. "He's my history teacher, I came out to him about two months ago, and told him I was basically moving to LA for the summer." He paused. Was he misgendering his teacher? This was an odd thought. "But...is it true he's leaving?"

"Oh honey, Ru is getting her own TV show. Moving to LA and everything." Willam smirked as he went back to doing his lips.

Justin was the next to speak as he fixed his eyebrows further. "Yeah, she's been around doing drag for so long, I'm surprised that school hasn't done anything about it. Like, yeah, they fire the teachers they find out are gay, but how do they not know she's the Mama Ru?" He shook his head. "She's been going to Pride since God was a boy, and they're giving her the show to find America's next drag superstar. I'm already planning on filming my audition as soon as I know what I have to do."