19: Patrick Stump Sacks Up As Well (and Gets Hit By a Stroller)

Pete was different.

All in all. Pete was more like the best friend he was trying out dating, while Brendon had simply been a lover that was now turning into a friend. Yet, he found himself getting drawn into him and getting sucked down into the hole that was Peter Wentz. With winter break being upon them, they had the time to go out a couple times. Patrick was already stealing his flannels that smelled half like Pete and half like the Hot Topic cologne he used.

The current day was actually sort of cold, but they were at Disneyland and they could actually hold hands without being scared of somebody coming up to them. Of course, somebody could still come up to them, but that wouldn't blow over all that well what with Disney being a safe place for everyone.

Pete swung their arms as they walked down Main Street, staying in the center. He was content, and Patrick had a wide smile cracked across his face. There was music playing from somewhere, but it was hard to hear over the other conversations going on. Patrick supposed that from a distance, they looked odd. Pete definitely had the build of a soccer player, and he was slowly starting to loose weight from the constant going to work out or play baseball with Joe. He was still, however, softer.

As they walked, Patrick found himself humming an Elton John song. However, when they reached the end of Main Street, something caught Patrick's eye and led him to stop in his tracks and turn to Pete.

"Oh my God! I want a picture with Flynn Rider!"

Pete cocked an eyebrow. "What? Why?"

"Cause he's the hottest Disney prince. I don't care what you say, I love him."

Yet, Pete couldn't argue. In all honesty, he agreed. "C'mon, then, let's get in line."

Surrounded by small children and another pair of teenagers (who, what were they kidding, were probably both just gay friends), they kept their voices down even though Patrick's usual dialect was kid-friendly. Eventually, they got their picture and continued along on their way. The two of them continued along their way, laughing softly as they went along through the park. Along the way to Tomorrowland, they did actually see another gay couple and it was slightly relieving in some strange sense.

Still, getting their fast passes for Space Mountain and Pete checking his watch and making the mental note to come back in two hours, they went off again.

"I haven't been here in so long," Patrick admitted, glancing around. "I never really had anyone to go with."

"Your friends didn't have passes or anything?" Pete inquired. He wasn't really sure what Patrick meant by it, but they kept walking on their way to another ride.

Patrick, though, shook his head. "I never had many friends, even at my old school. The ones I had couldn't really afford to do that sort of thing."

"Oh." Pete nodded, looking down and squeezing Patrick's hand gently as they continued to walk. Pausing, he glanced down before pulling out his phone and glancing at a notification. "C'mon, we've got someplace to be."

"What? Where?"

Pete shot Patrick a grin and tugged him along at a quick pace as they maneuvered practically across the park to get to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. The line was a half hour wait, which wasn't bad, but by the time they got there, it was getting longer. Still, though, Patrick was leaning on Pete as they waited. The slightly-taller boy made for something nice to rest on, though he was oddly tired even though it was only like four in the afternoon.

"Can we get pizza after this?" Patrick asked softly as they moved ahead in line.

"Yeah, baby," Pete purred and placed a kiss to his forehead.