First Fight Blues

Team RWBY stepped across the threshold into Professor Glynda Goodwitch's classroom.
It had already been a few days since the semester had started and today was the day, Donnie could feel it, that he would get to show everyone how good he was at fighting other people.
Donnie made his way over to his seat next to Blake. He tapped his finger on his leg in anticipation of the fight. The sound of the tapping must have bothered her because she asked if he was alright.
"This is the day my dark campion! Today is the day!" He whispered to Blake. She raised her eyebrows at his actions looked back to their teacher.
"Today students we will continue our series of assessment fights. As I have already told you these fights are to give me an idea of what you can do. And also areas where improvement is necessary." She called out to the rows of uniformed students.
Professor Goodwitch took a moment to type on the tablet in her hand. She looked back to the class. "Today's first combatants are Miss Blake Belladonna and Mr. Donnie McManus. Would the both of you please collect your combat gear and report back here." At this Donnie grew excited at the thought of fighting his teammate.
While Donnie raced off towards their dorm, Blake calmly rose from her seat and made her back in the direction of the excited soldier.

A few minutes later the two stood in the arena face-to-face. Donnie checked the cylinder of his revolver a third time. (He wanted to test his new high power rounds, but not on his classmate.) After seeing the rounds were hardly lethal he flicked his wrist to hear the click of the cylinder returning home.
Professor Goodwitch stood to side of the arena. Using her tablet to show the respective auras of both students. She looked to Donnie and said,"Now Mr. McManus, I have given you a situation you have been trained for on your world. Please, by all means, demonstrate that training to us." At that the fight began.
----------------------------------------------------
Donnie knew his small aura wouldn't hold many blows so he kept to the defensive.
Blake at him, slicing upwards with her sword as she moved. Donnie took a step back to avoid it whipped around to barely dodge the kick she was delivering to his head.
She wasn't expecting this and was thrown off balance. Donnie took advantage and raised his pistol.
The blast of the pistol rang out as it released a bullet into her chest. The impact knocked her back. Donnie chanced a look at his scroll. His aura had dropped considerably. Oh the wonders of a small aura!
When he looked back he noticed Blake had not moved. Slowly, he again raised the pistol upwards. Taking aim at her chest. The gun roared as the bullet slammed into the center of her chest.
Her body tumbled over, but much to his confusion, dissolved as it fell. He involuntarily jerked back. Arm falling to his side.
I'm that moment Donnie heard a telltale click of a hammer being drawn back. His eyes widened as the coming dust ground hit him in the small of his back. Donnie flew into the tiles of the arena, barely hearing Professor Goodwitch's signal to end the battle.
He sat up and took the offered hand to stand.
A few minutes later as Donnie walked with Blake to their dorm he asked the question that had been bugging him.
"How did you do that?!" He blurted out while waving his arms around to punctuate his point. Blake simply shrugged and explained it was her semblance to leave a clone like earlier in her place. "I wish I had a semblance." Donnie grumbled after hearing it.
Blake answered by sympathetically patting his shoulder while entering their dorm.
-----------------------------------------------------
A few hours later Donnie sat on his bed. Absently flipping through a book he had borrowed from Blake's collection. With a huff he dropped the book onto his bed and looked over to Ruby who sat atop her bunk. Legs dangling into space.
She also seemed bored. Donnie glanced between Ruby and his weapon rack that hung from the wall. He suddenly got a wonderful idea.
"Hey Ruby!" He shouted, making her jump from surprise. She looked at him with a hopeful look on her face. Donnie sat up and pointed to the rack while asking,"You wanna help me with something Ruby?"
Ruby seemed to have gotten the hint. Excitement starting to grow in her eyes. "Sure Donnie what is it?" He stood up and strode over to the rack. Taking out ammo and their respective weapons.
"Been meaning to check up on my aim. Figured I could use an assistant." He winked at her and tossed his shotgun to her while strapping the rifle to his shoulder. He motioned Ruby out of the doorway.
Later they stood in front of a set of targets spread out along the treelike of the Emerald Forest. A small table sat nearby holding on it two boxes of ammo. Donnie looked on as Ruby fiddled with the shotgun (which he had extensively checked if it was still loaded).
Donnie plucked a cigarette from his pocket and dug a match from another. When the cigarette was lit he busied himself with loading his rifle. His fingers gliding deftly between himself and the weapon. He barely even noticed as the fingers moved gracefully in a way only learned through through much repetition.
Within the span of a few seconds he finished and was tapping a few ashes from the cigarette when Ruby asked how to load the shotgun. Donnie explained. He showed her how to slide shells into the small chamber and how prep for firing.
Ruby nodded a silent confirmation and prodded him forward to start the fun.
Donnie raised the rifle to his shoulder. The first shot rang through the silence like a church bell. Before the sound of the first had faded he was sliding the well oiled bolt home and squeezing the trigger a second time. This repeated until it was empty.
Ruby jogged forward to look at the target, Donnie was not far behind. Ten holes peppered the target. All scattered around the center. Donnie nodded at his handiwork and mentally noted to adjust the sight. It was a bit to the left.
"Can I try out the big one?" Ruby interrupted his thoughts. Her gaze fixated on the shotgun.
"Sure you can. Just let me get behind you first." Donnie moved behind her as she fingered the trigger. Before he could mention the recoil she had fired. The sheer recoil pushed her back a step or two. He burst out laughing, the cigarette butt falling to the ground where he stomped it out.
"You've-You've gotta watch out for recoil kid!" He shouted between his laughter.
Ruby scowled and adjusted her stance. She pumped and fired, repeating until empty.
Ruby sprinted to the target. Jumping with glee at the sight of where she hit. Donnie walked up and noticed, to his amazement, she had hit almost a bullseye.
"Pretty good. For a beginner." Ruby put on a pouting face at the comment. Donnie chuckled and moved back to the table. Scooping up the the boxes of ammo.
"If we weren't going to shoot more then why did you bring the boxes."
He chuckled.
"Didn't want to have to my pockets, and besides I'm not going to get another shipment for a month or two so I have to conserve it."
Ruby thought about this and walked after the soldier.

Hi guys how's it going? I hope you enjoyed the new chapter. So sorry about the late update. Anyway you know the deal. Vote, comment, or do whatever if you enjoyed.