Castle Crashing

It was the last day of the semester break and business had been returning to normal. That morning the cafeteria was filled with students, teams RWBY and JNPR had taken their seats by each other and were engrossed in their own conversations. For the talking on the part of team RWBY came to a halt when Ruby dropped an engorged folder onto the table. 

"Sisters, friends, Weiss." This last bit was met with protest and the accusation that the folder was stolen. "As the break ends I have compiled this list of activities that we can accomplish as a team. Now if you we start now I think we can get to some of this..." While she trailed off Blake spoke up from next to Yang who was busy catching food thrown by Nora who sat at the table across from them. "I think I'll sit this one out Ruby." This was much to the dismay of the red hooded girl as she slumped her shoulders. "Well whatever we decide to do we should do it as a team. With classes starting and training for the Vytal festival coming we might not have this chance for a while. We should take the opportunity to have fun." 

This speech went unnoticed by Donnie who was busy explaining worries and ordeals of farming and livestock to Jaune and Pyrrha. Both of them holding equally unnoticed expressions of regret at having caused the story to be told. "So you see the real trouble with the potatoes was the weevils." He explained, emphasizing his point with the waving of his hands, "But that's just on the farming side of things, for the sheep and the chickens its foxes. Not as bad with the sheep but its hell on our chickens. We tried sending for a hunter so we didn't have ta' stop the harvest, but they wouldn't leave England. Ireland be damned!" The more he spoke the angrier he got and with it his accent grew heavier.

Before he could open his mouth to continue he was cut off by an apple that landed on his plate. He paused a moment to register the newly appearing fruit before he stood up in an outrage. He found who he figured to be the culprit, a second year student whose uniform front was covered in a new coating of oatmeal, and threw it.

Once the apple struck home the student's teammate retaliated screaming "Food fight!" Soon other students joined in until teams RWBY and JNPR started to gain the upper hand, forcing all other students to flee the cafeteria. 

Soon there was only the two teams facing off against one another. Nora stood atop a mountain of stacked tables, hoisting a metal pipe while chanting, "I'm queen of the castle. I'm queen of the castle."

Ruby took her place in front of her teammates declaring vengeance against the queen.

Donnie ran from behind Ruby, snagging a loaf of bread as he went. He soon came upon Jaune who Yang had just knocked to the side. Jaune grasped his own loaf and rushed him. The two met in the middle bread loaves striking each other.

Jaune pushed Donnie away and slashed at his leg hitting the shin. The soldier stumbled before righting himself and giving Jaune a jab in the stomach. "You're making some fine improvements lad but-" he struck Jaune across the temple,"-you 'ain't there yet!" Donnie drew back just as Jaune was recovering and gave him a kick, sending the teen over the other side of a table near Pyrrha. 

He soon found himself creeping over a table behind Ren. He had noticed the quiet boy's preparation to rush Yang and was trying to get the drop on him when an explosion picked him up and launched him near the cafeteria doors. He was surprised to find the cause of the sudden explosion to be a soda can. He didn't notice the two new boys standing behind him while he collected a few nearby cans for himself.

When he did notice them he was momentarily surprised to recognize the monkey faunus that Blake had run off with a short time ago at the docks.

"You." He remarked glaring at the now confused faunus. "You're the one that went dragging my team halfway across Vale."