Uncomfortable Introductions

"Um, hello sir," greeted Blake from beside Ruby. Her greeting seemed to snap their father out of his trance. "Huh, oh hello I'm Taiyang Ruby and Yang's father. And you are?"
They began to introduce themselves, when Taiyang reached Donnie they shook hands. "Donnie McManus, Fusilier at your service." Taiyang gave him a suspicious look, "Sure, uh how long have you known my daughters exactly?"
"Dad! Really?!"
Donnie chuckled, "Since the beginning of the school year. We were put on the same team. I'm more of the unofficial fifth member of the team." Taiyang didn't really seem to enjoy his answer. "Don't worry about him dad. He's a gentleman," Yang said in an attempt to soothe her father. "And he makes great cookies!" Ruby included happily from the beside him. Taiyang looked back at the young soldier and sighed, "If you say so. Well come in everyone let me show you around."
They all followed him inside the two story home. It's interior boasted a spacious living room consisting of two large couches facing a coffee table. Its top contained a small stack of magazines next to a remote to the large television against the wall. The walls were the same wood as the outside. On the wall was a staircase leading up to the second floor. Taiyang directed them to the couches and told them to get comfortable.
"Does anyone need anything to drink," he asked. "I'll take a glass of water." Donnie replied, Weiss copied his request. When he returned carrying the drinks he passed them out and sat down.
"So. How's Beacon been girls?" He asked his two daughters. "It's cool." Yang said from beside. "It's amazing!" Ruby exclaimed from his other side. "We've met so many new friends, with so many cool weapons!" Taiyang chuckled at her response. Donnie, who had set his helmet in his lap, took a sip from his glass and smiled.
Taiyang looked back at the other three team members. "So. Where are you three from? If you don't mind me asking." Blake kept her usual passive look and simply said,"I'm from out of the kingdoms." Taiyang raised an eyebrow at her answer.
"Me and Donnie are from Atlas," Weiss answered for the both of them. A bit of pride laced in her words. Taiyang nodded, "Figured, you are a Schnee. But you, Donnie was it, you don't look the Atlas type." Donnie was surprised," What makes you say that sir?"
Taiyang scratched his chin and took a moment to look over Donnie. "Well for one your uniform, which I have no idea where it's from. And second, you have an air of sorts about that doesn't really scream Atlas."
"What do you mean sir."
"Well from you I get a sort of feeling that you have seen some things in your life but are still kinda a kid." Taiyang scratched his chin and shrugged. Donnie grinned and laughed,"Spot on sir!" He exclaimed and exchanged the glass in his hand for his helmet. His eyes darkened slightly as his gaze scanned over the scratches that no amount of grinding or polishing could remove. He looked back to them, eyes brightening ever so slightly.
"But the story of where I'm from will have to be another time. Maybe tomorrow."
He smiled and set his helmet to the side. Everyone stared at him a moment, "Are you sure your ok mentally, Donnie?" Yang asked. Taiyang glared at her,"Yang!" She held up her hands in a sign that she wasn't finished,"I-I mean with all that's happened to you, are you sure you're alright?" At this point Ruby chose to chime in,"Yeah, and sometimes you get bad dreams and stay really angry all day."
Donnie's face immediately hardened at the mention of his "bad dreams". His fists clenched as he glared at the young girl. "Ruby. We agreed not to speak of them," Weiss cautiously warned her as she placed a hand on Donnie's shoulder. Calming him somewhat.
Everyone sat in silence, staring at him. After a few moments a sudden ringing started. It took a long moment for Donnie to realize that it was scroll ringing. When he pulled it from his pocket they heard him mutter to himself about his ears ringing.
He raised an eyebrow at the caller ID before he answered it. "Patrick? What do ya need?" He paused a second, a male voice could be heard from the other end of the line.
"Right that was today wasn't it?"
"Well I can't get it today. So can you get it to the island of Patch by, say eleven o' clock?"
"Alright, well I'll see you tomorrow Patrick." He hung up and placed the scroll in his pocket.
"What was that about," Taiyang asked. Donnie looked up at him,"Just a delivery I usually get every now and again." Taiyang gave another look.
"How big is this 'shipment' of yours?"
"Ah it depends. This one shouldn't be much bigger than that lamp over there." Taiyang simply nodded and went back into his conversation with the girls. While Donnie sat back and wathed.
A few hours later it began to grow dark out.
Beside him Weiss yawned into her palm. A small smile crept onto Donnie's face.
He nudged her shoulder. "Ya tired princess?" She smiled lightly and nodded. It was at this time that he cleared his throat.
"Excuse me, but where perchance will we be sleeping?"
Taiyang's eyes widened slightly. Surprised by the interruption. He pointed upstairs while saying," The girls can sleep up with Yang and Ruby. But you Donnie, you can sleep on the couch."
Before anyone could protest to this Donnie simply nodded. "It's a comfortable couch."
After another hour the huntsmen-in-training had succumb to their urge for sleep. While the girls moved to the upstairs rooms Donnie lay on the couch under a soft blanket. He soon drifted into the deep, dreamless sleep of the weary.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys! I'm sorry it took me a while to update and that this wasn't my greatest chapter. But I felt like I needed to get this chapter out TODAY before I did anything else. So please enjoy. Don't forget to vote and comment!