Night on the Town

The hours passed slowly. The more Donnie looked at the clock the slower the minute hand moved. Tonight was to be the first night of team RWBY's efforts to bring down the White Fang. The danger that such an ambition offered was not lost on him but nonetheless some part of him was too excited to care.

Donnie had to admit that the monotony of school work was bothering him. When Weiss had spoken of the academies that trained huntsmen he hadn't expected to write papers on governments he'd never heard of from centuries ago. He had hardly cared about England's history and he'd enlisted to fight for them! Listening to Professor Port made him wish he was still harvesting potatoes and watching over sheep.

His thoughts were interrupted by the ringing of the bell. Quickly he rose and made his way to the dorm.

They set about preparing for the night ahead. Donnie put on a pair of slacks he'd purchased recently, securing them to the white button down he'd thrown on with a pair of suspenders. Around his waist he secured his holster and revolver, tucking away a few prepared loads of ammo in a small pouch attached to his waist. After a moment's consideration he added a hand grenade.

"Everyone know what they're doing?" Ruby asked as she attached Crescent Rose to her hip.

"Ruby and I will be going to the CCT to access the Schnee records on shipment thefts," Weiss explained. Blake tucked a mask into her pocket before saying, "The White Fang hold monthly meetings at a warehouse downtown I'll be investigating."

"I've got an old friend that owes me a favor," Yang explained. Ruby looked at Donnie expecting to hear his plan. "And I spoke with my man who supplies me with ammunition. He gave the location of one of his associates who could help."

"Where at? I might know where you're going." Yang asked while securing one of her gauntlets. Donnie checked his scroll for the message he had received from Zero that read: "Junior's Night Club. Ask for THREE bottles of Vacuan Gin." 

"Somewhere named 'Junior's Night Club'. Know the place?" 

She laughed, "Looks like we're going to the same place Don. Wanna ride with me?"

"Ride on that deathtrap? No thank you. Weiss gave me money for a taxi."

Yang's face twisted up in offense of the statement. "My Bumblebee is NOT a deathtrap McManus!" He was alarmed to find her eyes had briefly flashed red. 

She looked him over, "And you're seriously going there dressed like that?" Donnie felt something flare in him at the mild disgust that had slipped its way into the question.

"I'll have you know that this was perfectly fine clothing to wear to pubs where I come from." 

"To where?" came the voice from the dorm window.

"What the fuck?!" Donnie yelled before drawing his revolver and taking aim at the window. He saw a familiar face hanging from a long tail before the open window.

"Sun?!" Blake exclaimed before turning to Donnie, "Don't shoot he's just an idiot."

"An idiot?! Hey it's fine I do this all the time."

"I change my mind. Shoot him."

Sun's eyes went wide as he threw up his hands. "I meant climbing! I climb trees all the time! Now please let us in!"

"Us?" Ruby asked while moving to the window. Neptune's voice responded, "Yes please, we're a little high up right now!"

A few minutes of careful climbing and explaining later brought the two eavesdroppers up to speed. "So you understand why we can't involve more people in this plan." Blake finished, glare still boring a hole in Sun.