THIRTEEN ⚡️ HORROR MOVIE

I don't own anything but original characters and my original plot.

⚡️

Chapter 13 - Horror Movie

⚡️

NOVEMBER 17, TWO DAYS TO (Y/N)'S 'BIRTHDAY'

Most people would be thrilled two days before their birthday. Thrill was only one among the many emotions running through my mind on the seventeenth. Along with fear, sorrow, nervousness, and happiness.

It would have been my first birthday ever without the villains there to celebrate with me. But, they weren't there with me anymore. I didn't want them with me anymore. After the mall, Black Canary offered a few therapy sessions. I took them. She explained Stockholm Syndrome through psychoeducation. She appealed to me in a way that didn't make me defensive for the villains, or wary of the heroes.

I would always love the villains as my family, that would never go away. But I understood that they were drilling fear into me to take away my want to leave and raise my determination to hone my powers. I slipped up and doubted I would ever fully recover from my life with them, but I was out, and that was what mattered.

"Hey, you okay?" Wally nudged my arm to pull me out of my stupor.

I shook my head, dismissing his worry, "Yeah, just nervous about the party."

A grin spread across Wally's face at the mention of the upcoming celebration. He and the team had excitedly planned my 'first real birthday' the day after Wally's party. It was at my party that we would tell the team we were officially together.

We wanted a few days to see if we could work without the pressure of other people on top of us, which led to another date, and more kisses. May I just say, I enjoyed every one. So, after discussing it, we concluded we could deal with the teams- more specifically Artemis, M'gann's, and Robin's- teasing so we didn't have to sneak around anymore.

"We should go meet the team," I whispered, not wanting to ruin the moment with a loud tone. It was stupid, considering I was breaking the moment by suggesting leaving, but I wanted to keep something of our situation.

"But I like training," Waly whined childishly, falling back on the gym mat beneath us.

We were tucked away in one of the three private training rooms since it was a free training day for the team. I covered the camera in the corner with a shadow when we entered and we didn't train at all. That half hour was spent talking and exchanging light kisses.

"Team, report to the debriefing room, in uniform," Batman's voice broke through the intercom, "You have a new mission."

"Looks like we have no choice," I teased. I pointed my hand at the camera in the room's corner, rolling my fingers into a fist to move the shadow into its original position.