FIFTEEN ⚡️ TIME

I don't own anything except my original/own characters and my original plot. Also, the beginning of this is loosely based off of Time from Collateral Beauty and I don't own that either.

⚡️

Chapter 15 - Time

⚡️

TIME

TIME.

Love is creation. Death is the end. Time is what's in between. The marker between the end and the beginning.

What does that time mean? The trip, the journey, time. What is perhaps the most taken advantage of thing ever. Einstein said that time is an illusion. That he could be late, or everyone else could be early. But he was wrong. Time gives legitimacy to existence. Inches, miles, meters, none of it was real, it was a farce made by humans to put on a value on distance. Time is the only true measurement. Without time, we don't exist.

Six days, twenty hours, thirteen minutes, and twenty-four seconds. That was the measurement stuck in my mind, the clock that refused to stop ticking. It was flashing in front of my eyes, on my sheets, on my doors. Everywhere I looked I was being taunted by my lack of time.

I looked at the two small fires in front of me. Candles. A one and a six. Lit for my birthday. I spent a few seconds staring at each of the flickering flames. Seconds that I couldn't get back, no matter how hard I fought, they slipped through my fingers like grains of sand.

"Make your redo wish," Dick encouraged.

I wish I could meet my family.

That was my first wish. The note I got as a child said someone would be coming for me on my sixteenth birthday. I never believed it, and that was why I made my wish. Only, it came true with disastrous results. I wished now for the ability to take my previous wish back, or even better, for more time.

Leaning down, I blew out the candles, smiling as everyone clapped. M'gann cut the cake and passed it out on cute paper plates with animals all over them, bought at the store along with the cake.

The cake was delicious, similar to Wally's but a different flavor. Sure, it was a normal store-bought sheet cake picked up from the local store, but the situation made it better. This time, I had the biggest piece instead of Wally.

"Oh look at that, it's like it's my birthday," I held up the plate in front of Wally's face, smirking evilly as his eyes followed it as I taunted him, "I get the biggest piece this time. I might even have another piece as big as this."

"You villain," Wally hissed, stabbing his own team.

"Can't change the way you're raised," Conner added in.

Finishing my piece and, to Wally's relief, not having a second one, the team insisted we move on to the presents. Being pushed onto the couch, M'gann dropped one in my lap, claiming it was from her and Conner.