⇨Chapter 1⇦

Castiel Novak walked through the halls of the institution, clad in his scrubs and soft shoes, and a tray of food in his hands. He walked until he got to his patients room and with a little difficulty, opened the door and walked in.

Today was his first time meeting his patient. Well, it was his first time by himself. The few days before, he was going through training and had to have a more superior doctor come in with him. But today it was just him.

He went over to the bed where his patient was laying and staring at the ceiling. "Hello, Sam.. I'm here with your breakfast," he said softly as he put the tray down them untied his arms. He was told that they had to strap him down a few hours before he got there, because he had a bad hallucination.

Sam watched Cas with a distrusting look on his face. He didn't know of Cas would be like the other doctors in this hell hole. Always bitching about him to other doctors while there in the room, acting like he can't hear them. Always giving him a sedative even when he doesn't need it. He hated them. He hated them all. And right now, he hated this tiny, blue-eyed doctor for the simple reason that he was a doctor.

Cas finished undoing the cuffs around his wrists and helped him sit up. He placed the tray in Sam's lap and watched him eat before he started to uncuff his ankles.

Sam watched Cas as he ate wondering why he was willingly uncuffing him. Hadn't the others talked about him, saying how dangerous he was? Or how he can snap at any minute? Yet this doctor is uncuffing him. I might actually like this one... Sam thought as he looked back down at his food when Cas finished uncuffing him.

"I'm allowed to take you outside to the garden today, that is if you want to," Cas said softy as he stepped away from Sam's bed and sat down in the chair close to his bed. He watched as Sam paused for a second then nodded and went back to eating. "Alright. We'll go when you're done."

They were silent for a while then when Sam finished his food, they left the room and headed out to the garden. Cas led him over to a bench and they sat down, Sam seeming slightly content for once.
Once again, it was quiet for a while, until Sam asked, "What's your name?" In a low voice.

"My name is Castiel, but everyone calls me Cas."

"Oh. I'm Sam."

Cas smiled lightly at him. "Nice to meet you, Sam."

Sam simply nodded and looked back down, going quiet again.

Cas sighed softly and looked around the garden watching as a bee flew around. He was pulled out of his peaceful state by Sam suddenly gasping and screaming.

"NO! NO NO NO!!"

Cas quickly turned at looked at Sam to see his eyes wide with fear. He jumped up and grabbed the screaming man and started to pull him back inside.

"NO, LUCIFER, STOP! PLEASE! DADDY NO!"

Cas dragged Sam back inside with difficulty. One of the guards noticed him and hurried over and helped him by grabbing Sam's legs and helping Cas carry him to his room.

Sam kept screaming and yelling as Cas started to strap his arms to the bed. In his flailing and screaming, he ended up kicking the guard in the face, hitting him right in the mouth.

But, that didn't stop the guard from helping hold down Sam's legs while Cas strapped them down. The guard watched Sam as Cas ran and got a syringe filled with a liquid sedative and ran back to the room. He quickly put the needle into Sam's neck, making him yelp in surprise, and pushed down on the syringe until the medicine was gone. He pulled out the needle and back away watching Sam closely. After a few minutes Sam started to calm down, occasionally whimpering softly. He fell asleep, relaxing into the bed.

Cas sighed and looked over at the guard. "Are you alright?"

The guard nodded, rubbing him mouth a little. "Did he hurt you?"

"Just a few scratches, but I'll be alright." Cas replied, glancing at Sam before looking back at the guard. "Let's get out of here.."

The two went to the door and quietly walked out, Cas looking back at Sam one more time then quietly shutting the door behind them.