⇨Chapter 18⇦

Sam and Cas sat in the hotel room, cuddled up together. Sam was calm and happy and as was Cas.

The calm feeling didn't last long though.

There was a sudden banging at the door, causing them both to jump.

"It's the police! Open up!"

Cas' eyes widened and he cursed as he pulled away from Sam and got up. "Stay here and be good." He waited for Sam to nod before going over to the door, unlocking it, and cracking it open. "Hello?"

"Open the door all the way, sir."

"Don't you need a warrent-"

The cop held up a piece of paper and Cas mentally cursed. He reluctantly opened the door all the way and backed away as the cops walked in, their focus on Sam, who was sitting on the edge of the bed, watching with wide eyes.

"That's him alright."

"That is?"

"Yeah." The older looking cop turned to look at Cas. "Sir, do you know how dangerous this man is?"

"He isn't dangerous!" Cas yelled, stepping in front of Sam. "Everyone keeps saying that! He's just misunderstood!"

"Do you know how many people he's killed? How many people he's hurt? He is deranged. A freak!"

Sam growled from behind Cas and slowly stood up, glaring at the cops. He hates being called a freak and he hated how they were talking to his Cas.

The cops both put their hands on their guns, getting ready to pull them out at any moment. "Sit. Down. Son."

Sam didn't listen. He gently moved Cas out the way and stepped closer to the cops, who immediately drew their guns.

"This is your last warning!!"

Sam still didn't listen.

The sound of two gunshots and a scream filled the room. "NOOO!'

Sam waited to feel the pain overcome his body, but it never came. He blinked and felt a sudden weight on his feet and looked down, almost screaming at the sight.

Cas laid on his side, on the ground, bleeding from two bullet wounds. But, he was still breathing.

"CAS!!" Sam screamed and then looked up at the cops, immediately blacking out.

●●●●●●●●●●

When Sam got control again, he looked around the room, blinking at how much blood was everywhere. He whimpered softly and looked around then noticed Cas, still alive, but trembling and whimpering.

He ran over and dropped down next to Cas, lifting him into his arms. "C-Cas!"

Cas whimpered and held his wound weakly, looking up at Sam. "S-Sammy, I...I'm so sorry..." He coughed up blood and whimpered again.

"W-Why are you sorry?!"

"I pr-promised I wouldn't l-leave you..." Cas cried a little and raised his other hand to cup Sam's cheek. "D-Do me a f-favor...keep...keep being a good boy for me, S-Sammy.."

Sam started crying as he placed his hand over Cas'. "No...NO! YOU'RE GOING TO BE FINE! I KNOW YOU WILL!!"

"I'm sorry..." Cas shook his head. "Th-They got my st-stomach, Sammy... B-Both times... I-I won't be fine..."

Sam cried heavily, looking into Cas' eyes that started to go dull.

"S-Sammy, I...I love you. I love y-you so much.."

"I-I love you too, Cas..."

Cas smiled at Sam then closed his eyes. His breathing slowed to a stop, then his hand dropped from Sam's face, his whole body going limp.

"C-Cas? Cassie?" Sam whimpered and shook Cas softly. His heart shattered when Cas didn't wake up. "N-No... NO!!" He screamed at the top of his lungs and sobbed, holding Cas to his chest and rocking back and forth.

After a while, he stopped crying and stood up with Cas' lifeless body in his arms. He also grabbed one of the dead cops gun and he took off running, not once looking back.