⇨Chapter 3⇦

Sam jumped and looked up at Cas, hiding the paper clip. He stared at him with wide eyes as he made his way over to his bed, an annoyed look on his face.

"You know, I have to report you for this, but I'm not. I'm risking my job and everything for you right now." Cas muttered as he put down the tray and made sure that no one was coming through the door before strapping his ankles back to the bed.

Sam rolled his eyes then reached for his food, grabbing the tray and starting to eat. "Why risk everything for me?" He grunted out, taking a bite out of the biscuit they gave him.

"Maybe because I don't want to see you end up in solitary confinement," Cas replied, rolling his own eyes in the process.

Sam grunted again and kept eating. When he was done, he let Cas take the tray from him and watched as he left with it. He quickly grabbed the paper clip, but his it again when his door opened and a guard walked in, closing the door behind him. He glared at the guard then sat back against the headboard of his bed.

A few minutes later, the door opened again and Cas walked through holding a small cup of medicine that Sam started to glare at. "Here, Sa-" Cas was cut off by a slap to the face, making him jerk back and drop the pills. He put a hand against his cheek, trying to calm the stinging in it while his eyes welled with tears.

Sam started to laugh hysterically. It was obvious he wasn't himself.

The guard rushed to Cas' side, making sure he was alright before looking at the hysterical Sam. "What do we do?!"

"I-I can't give him any sedatives, it's too close to his last one. I guess just wait it out. It'll be too dangerous to get close to him," Cas muttered, backing away from Sam. He sat down in the chair and watched him.

"Don't you need to go get someone?"

"NO! They'll-They'll send him to solitary confinement and I don't want that to happen to him."

"But..."

"Just trust me! He'll...he'll calm down."

An hour later, Sam still wasn't calm.

"Cas, you need to go get someone...or tell someone," the guard, Cas found out was named Jeff, said, looking down at him.

Cas gulped and nodded. He stood up and took one look at Sam before rushing out to go tell the Warden.