⇨Chapter 2⇦

The next morning was the same routine. Cas brought Sam his breakfast and he ate in silence. After breakfast, Cas brought up what happened the day before and Sam turned on his side, obviously not wanting to talk, bit Cas decided to press a little bit more into the issue.

"Sam, the reason that you're here is so you can get better. You won't get better if you don't talk about what's going on."

"I don't want to talk about it."

"It's the only way you can get better. You can trust me, Sam. Anything you say in this room will stay between us. I won't go and tell anyone, post it on Instagram, Facebook, whatever. I will take it to the grave with me. I swear."

Sam huffed a little and closed his eyes, not responding to Cas at all.

Cas sighed. "Well, I'm here for you, Sam. If you ever want to talk."

The room was silent for a while, then Cas heard the steady breathing come from Sam and got up and covered him then left the room.

A few hours later, Cas went back to the room and as soon as he went in, he saw Sam laying on the bed, eyes closed, and foaming at the mouth. He gasped and ran over to Sam, quickly cuffing him to the bed and running out to get him a sedative.

Sam cried and growled and struggled. "DEAN!! DEAN NO!! STOP!! LET HIM GO!!"

Cas hurried back into the room with a pill and glass of water. He got Sam to open his mouth and he put the pill in his mouth and got him to swallow it. He backed away from Sam's bed and let the pill do its work.

After a few minutes, Sam finally calmed down. Cas had a wet towel and was gently wiping his face. "Sam? Can you hear me?"

A nod.

"Do you need anything? Food? Water? Medicition?"

"Food... Freedom..."

"I'll get you food but I can't give you a lot of freedom...not yet anyway." Cas put down the towel and uncuffed Sam's hands then went out to go get him something to eat.

Sam huffed and tried to get his ankles out of the cuffs but couldn't. He looked around and noticed a paper clip and clipboard sitting on the nightstand. He looked at the door then back at the clip and grabbed it. He reached down and started to pick the lock on the cuff around his right ankle.

He was so set on trying to get out of the cuff that he did not notice the door open until it was too late.

"Sam!"