⇨Chapter 8⇦

After breakfast was done, Cas went back to packing with Sam actually helping him as well. Together, they got the stuff that Cas wanted to take packed up.

Cas' suspicions about Luci's clothes being in the spare room was right, so he packed a bag with the clothes and left some out for Sam to change into. "Sam!" He called, poking his head out the door.

Sam appeared in the door of Cas' bedroom then looked around for Cas and saw him down the hall. He walked to him and went in the room with him, his eyes immediately drifting to the clothes.

"You should go take a quick shower and then get changed into these. I'll bring the bags and stuff into my car, then we'll leave when you're done." Cas said softly as he picked up the clothes and placed them in Sam's arms.

Sam nodded and padded off to the bathroom, the flannel and jeans in his arms. As soon as the bathroom door closed, he started to move the bags into the car.

Sam and Cas both finished their tasks at the same time and after Cas did a quick run of the house, he called both the water and electrical plants and hot everything shut off, then left his phone on the bed in his room, then they left.

Cas started to drive with Sam in the passenger seat. He then remembered Sam's medicine. "Sam are you alright?"

"The voices...they're getting louder and won't shut up. I'm trying to ignore them, but it's getting hard." He giggled a little crazily.

Cas cursed softly and drove a little faster until he got to the pharmacy where the institution gets their medicine. He looked at his watch. 7:13.. It opens at 8... I got enough time. He looked up and turned to Sam. "Sammy, be a good boy and stay here. Don't talk to anyone, ignore the voices. I'll be back soon, alright?" He said softly as he put on a hat and some gloves.

"O-Okay.."

Cas gave him a small smile and got out the car, taking a bobby pin with him. Why that was in there? He had no clue. Keeping his head down, he walked to the backdoor of the store and squatted down, bending the bobby pin and starting to quickly pick the lock.

After a few minutes of trying, he heard a small click and the door opened a little. He smirked and put the pin in his pocket and walked into the store. He walked to the back where they kept the medicine and began his search. He remembered the name of Sam's medicine and kept that name in his head as he searched, smiling when he found plenty of bottles of it. He grabbed almost all of the bottles and shoved them into his pockets then hurried out the store, making sure things were exactly how he had found them.

He closed the door then hurried back to the car, where Sam sat, holding his head. "Sam, I got your medicine. This'll make the voices go away." Cas said quickly, getting the bottles out his pocket. He opened one and took out two pills that Sam shakily took from him and swallowed down.

Cas left a bottle of pills in the front seat and put the others in a bag in the back and started to drive.

"C-Cas?" Sam asked softly after a half an hour of Cas driving.

"Yes, Sam?"

"Can you sing to me?"

"Sing to you?"

"Yes...please..."

"What do you want me to sing?"

"Anything."

"Alright.." Cas took a minute to think of a song, then started singing One Call Away by Charlie Puth.

Cas finished the song and glanced at Sam, smiling when he saw him asleep.  He looked back at the road, sighing a little bit.

I'm a thief now. Wow. But...that doesn't matter. I need to take care of Sam. I'll do anything to make sure he's alright. I'll have to get us both phones so he could call me if we're separated...but to get that I also need money. I'll figure it out. I always do.

----------

I decided that, One Call Away is the song for this book.

Just think about it in a way.

I'm only one call away. I'll be there to save the day.

What has Cas done so far? Save the day!