⇨Chapter 6⇦

Late that night, Cas was at his house, taking a hot, relaxing bath. He needed this bath after what happened during his work day.

When he got out and dried off and dressed, he went to his kitchen, got a bottle of beer, then dropped on to his couch, relaxing deep into him. He picked up the remote with his free hand and turned on the t.v., boredly flipping through the channels. He got to an old cartoon and left it, putting down the remote, and sipping from his beer.

After a few minutes, the words, Breaking News! flashed across his screen, catching his attention.

Sam Winchester, a patient at the mental institution outside of town, has escaped! According to police, he is armed and dangerous. He's killed almost 30 people already. Police advise you to stay in your home, locking your doors, and windows. If you know any information on his whereabouts, please call the police as soon as possible!

Cas dropped his half finished beer and jumped up, grabbing his keys and running out the house. He grabbed his keys, but decided to not get in his car and he started running. He didn't risk calling for Sam, thinking that someone might hear him and find him, so he just ran and looked around. Fuck my bad vision... He thought as he ran through the dark streets.

Cas ran and ran, looking for Sam, but not finding him. He was going to give up, but he heard a scream come down an alley. He ducked off down the alley just in time to see Sam stab a woman in the chest and noticing her still alive, slit her throat. "S-S-Sam!" Cas squeaked out as he watched her lifeless body fall to the ground.

Sam looked up at Cas, eyes wild. "Hey Castiel!" He said, grinning.

"Sam...how did you get out?!"

"I escaped, dumbass."

"I know, but how?! That door was locked and was supposed to stay locked!"

"The guard was dumb and I killed him. The voices said it was the only way I could be free."

Those fucking voices.. "Sam, come with me, please." Cas said softly, slowly walking toward him.

Sam held up his knife, making Cas stop, but he suddenly dropped the knife and blinked a few times. He looked down at his bloody hands and clothes then at the dead body and backed away to the wall. "No...no!" He looked up at Cas trembling. "Th-The voices made me do it!"

"I know, Sam. It's not your fault. Just, come with me." Cas said, still going towards him.

"Don't take me back! I don't want to go back! I don't like it there! I'm a good boy!"

"Yes, Sam. You are a good boy. And good boys get rewarded. If you come with me, you can get some good food, a nice, warm bath, and a comfortable place to sleep. Would you like that?" Cas asked as he outstretched his hand.

Sam's head tilted at being called good and the thought of being rewarded with those things made him...happy inside. He nodded and looked at Cas' hand then slowly took it. He let Cas lead him to the entrance of the alley.

"I heard voices! This way!"

Cas cursed and gave Sam a gently push in the direction of his house. "Run!"

Sam was about to run, but he looked at the short man beside him and picked him up then took off running in the right direction.

"Woah-!" Cas exclaimed as he held on to Sam.

Sam ran for a few minutes until Cas made him stop and got out of his arms. They walked the rest of the way to Cas' house and Can let them in. He led the way to the bathroom and let Sam inside. "Go take a shower and then you can have good food, alright? Sound good?"

Sam nodded and looked at the bathroom. "Filthy boy?"

"You're just a little dirty. Not bad. You're still a good boy though."

Sam smiled and nodded then went into the bathroom.

"Call me when you're done, Sam." Cas said softly before shutting the bathroom door. He hurried to the kitchen and began cooking the first thing he thought of, which was spaghetti.

He cooked and cooked, finishing the meal just as Sam called for him. He quickly fixed Sam a plate and put it on the kitchen table along with a glass of water, then ran to his room and got him some clothes to wear. He went to the bathroom and walked in, handing Sam the clothes. "Did they hurt you anywhere, Sam?" Cas asked as Sam put in the boxers.

Sam shook his head and continued to dress. And when he was done, looked at the bloody clothes, then at Cas. "I'll handle them. Just come eat." Cas uttered softly, taking Sam's hand and leading him to the couch.

Sam's face lit up at the sight of food and his stomach growled. Cas sat him down on the couch and let Sam start eating before he went to handle Sam's clothes. He took them and shoved then in a bag along with the his own clothes that got bloody when Sam carried him. He took a very quick, but thorough shower, making sure he didn't have any blood on him, then got out and dressed. He took the bag of clothes to his room and put them down then went to go check on Sam.

Sam was finished with his food and was staring at the t.v., the cartoon that Cas was watching earlier playing. He paid not attention to Cas who took his dirty plate and cup and went to the kitchen and washed them and put the rest of the food into a container and washed those pots as well.

"It's time for bed, Sammy."

Sam looked up at Cas, startled. "Okay." He stood up and looked down at Cas, waiting for him to do something.

"Do you want to sleep by yourself? Or with me?"

The sensible side of Sam thought that if he was with someone, he wouldn't be a bad boy. "With you."

Cas smiled softly and nodded. He turned of the t.v. and the lights and took Sam's hand then led him to his room. He pulled back the covers on his bed and let Sam get under, then he covered him up.

"Are you...sleeping with me?"

"Do you want me to?"

"I do, but...what..what if I hurt you?" Sam asked, looking up at him with pitiful eyes.

Cas shrugged. "I'm sure I'll still live." He got in on the other side of Sam and curled up, spooning the bigger man, ironically becoming the bigger spoon.

Sam presses deeper into Cas' chest, suddenly feeling at peace. He felt even calmer when Cas started to quietly sing Hey Jude to him. He fell asleep after a while, Cas' voice succeeding in lulling him to sleep.