PROLOGUE

"Fred!" I squealed as he chased me around our flat, making me dodge various pieces of furniture.

"Say you're sorry!"

"Never!" I yelled as I ran faster. I giggled, thinking about what got me into this position.

Fred picked up speed and caught me. I laughed as he threw me down on the couch and hovered over me, blue eyes staring into grey.

"I'll give you one last chance. Say you're sorry." Fred said solemnly, his lips pressed into a thin line but his eyes lit up with mischief.

I looked up into his eyes. They seemed to sparkle. "Never," I whispered.

His lips turned up into a wry grin. He drew his arms up over his head, making his shirt come up and reveal his lower stomach. He startled tickling me.

I laughed uncontrollably. "Fred! Fred, please!"

"Are you sorry?"

He hadn't stopped tickling me. "N-no," I wheezed out in between laughs.

"You're not sorry for eating the last of Mum's cookies?" He was still tickling me.

"Nope. It was delicious," I managed to say, squirming to get out of his grip.

He kept tickling me. Shit. I might have to apologize. I can't do that.

"Fred, please! Fred!"

"Are you sorry yet?"

I can't do this. I hate to be tickled and he knows it. Ah, maybe that's why he is.

"Fine! I'm sorry!"

He immediately stopped.

I was gasping for air.

Fred sat up and sat contentedly. I, on the other hand, accidentally rolled off of the couch, narrowly missing the coffee table.

I groaned as I rolled over.

Fred was looking at me with an amused expression playing on his features.

"You find this funny, do you?" I asked him with a pointed look.

"Why yes, I do."

I got up. Two can play at this game. "Well, looks like I'm going over to Sammy's. Don't expect me home to cook you dinner."

He gulped. "Okay."

I bent down and kissed him playfully on the cheek.

He smiled. "Don't I get more than that?"

"Nope," I responded as I grabbed my purse, walked out the door, and closed the door behind me.