TWENTY-SEVEN

"So what do we want to discuss first?" Molly asked as soon as she walked into our flat the next afternoon.

I was moving about in the kitchen in an oversized sweater and leggings, with no shoes on. I was making some tea for me, Molly, and Fred.

He's insane if he thinks I'm just going to let him go off and do whatever he wants while I sit and listen to his mum drone on and on for hours.

"Well, I'll let you two discuss that. I'll be back-"

I cut Fred off by grabbing his arm and twisting him back around to face me. "Oh, no, love, you're staying. I want your opinion on everything," I stated sweetly, keeping eye contact with Fred.

He swallowed before he responded, "Everything?"

I nodded, still smiling sweetly.

I pretended like I was leaning up to give him a kiss on the cheek, but I whispered in his ear, "You are not leaving me here alone. This is our wedding, not just mine."

He sighed and wrapped his arms around my waist, while mine were still around his neck.

"Okay. You're right. I should be here," he paused to smirk, "Besides, who would embarrass you if I were not here?"

I huffed and removed my arms from around his neck. I didn't say anything as I walked to the table, making sure to put a little extra sway to my hips as I did so. I knew it would drive Fred mad that he hadn't gotten the reaction he wanted from me. He expected me to sulk or something.

Molly was already sitting, digging out parchment, quills, and ink from the bag she brought with her. Thank Merlin she wasn't paying attention to Fred and I's little exchange.

I grabbed one of the cups of tea I had already sat on the table and held it in my hands. I smiled as Ben sauntered into the kitchen, going to his water bowl. I watched him get a drink. Once he was done, he looked at me and walked over. He sat and cocked his head at me as if he was wondering what I was doing.

I bent down and picked him up, putting him in my lap and petting him with one hand and still holding my cup of tea in the other.

Fred took the seat beside me, petting Ben's head as he did so.

"Fred, is the date March 27 okay?" Molly asked, still rummaging through her bag.

"Of course," he responded, reaching to get his cup of tea.

"And is the field by the Burrow okay?" Molly asked absentmindedly, as she was still digging through her bag.

"Yeah. Me and Elle already talked about that," Fred answered before taking a sip of his tea.

"Good, good," she murmured, pulling out a piece of parchment and looking at it intently.

Ben laid down on my lap, his tail wagging. I smiled and kept petting him.

"Aha! I found it!" Molly suddenly exclaimed, holding up a piece of parchment.

"Found what?" I inquired, rubbing the teacup with my thumb as I talked.

"I made a checklist when I was planning my wedding and I used it on Bill's, so of course I'm using it on yours!" She retorted with a warm smile, putting the piece of parchment down on the table.

I grinned back and nodded.

She dipped a quill in ink and checked some stuff off on the list. I'm assuming it was the venue and date.

"Who is going to officiate? Do you two have any ideas?"

Fred and I exchanged a look. Fred was silent and did not look like he was going to respond.