SEVEN

George's POV
No! Fred! Elle!

"Percy! Help me get them to the Great Hall!" I shouted. All I knew was that I had to get them to safety. Before I could, a cold voice that chilled me to my bones echoed.

"You have fought valiantly. Lord Voldemort knows how to value bravery," came his cold, high voice. Everyone stopped, listened. Though everyone remained on guard, wands raised. "Yet you have sustained heavy losses. If you continue to resist me, you will all die, one by one. I do not wish this to happen. Every drop of magical blood spilled is a loss and a waste. Lord Voldemort is merciful. I command my forces to retreat immediately. You have one hour. Dispose of your dead with dignity. Treat your injured. I speak now, Harry Potter, Directly to you. You have permitted your friends to die for you rather than face me yourself. I shall wait for one hour in the Forbidden Forest. If, at the end of that hour, you have not come to me, have not given yourself up, then battle recommences. This time, I shall enter the fray myself, Harry Potter, and I shall find you, and I shall punish every man, woman, and child who has tried to conceal you from me. One hour."

I looked down at Fred. He was unconscious, with a cut on his forehead. My eyes traveled to Elle. She had cuts on her forehead and cheeks as well as her arms and legs. Yet they both looked peaceful. The sight of them broke my heart.

I snapped out of my daze. "We need to get them to the Great Hall. Now!"

One man came over to help Percy get Fred. I bent down and picked up Elle, carrying her to the Great Hall. Percy and the man were not far behind me with Fred.

"Madame Pomfrey! Help! Fred and Elle are hurt!" I yelled.

"Lay them down somewhere!" She yelled back through the chaos.

I looked around. A few blankets that were on the ground weren't taken by dead bodies or other injured people. I found two right beside each other and put Elle down on one and motioned for Percy and the man to put Fred down on the one beside her.

We waited a couple minutes before Madame Pomfrey made her way over to us.

She did some spells and used some potions and creams, but only Elle stirred. Fred didn't.

She finally looked at me. "Elle has a concussion among other internal injuries. She'll most likely be in and out of consciousness for the next few days. Fred unfortunately has more severe brain damage. He is in a coma. With the magic we have today, it's a 50/50 chance that he will come out of it with no side effects. I will send for Healers from St. Mungo's to come pick them up."

No, not Fred.

Someone came over to Madame Pomfrey. This woman whispered something in her ear. Madame Pomfrey looked up at me with a solemn expression on her face.

"Mr. Weasley, I believe you should come with me."

Betty.

Madame Pomfrey led the way through the halls of Hogwarts. We arrived at the Hospital Wing. I couldn't seem to think of anything besides the fact that my wife was laying in a bed somewhere injured.

My stomach plummeted into the ground. I could already hear Betty's screams.

I took a deep breath as Madame Pomfrey opened the doors.

Sirius's POV
I walked through the Great Hall, hoping to not see any familiar faces. I was also scanning the faces of others that were standing in the hopes of finding Elle.

I looked down. No! Remus! Tonks!

I went down on my knees. "Moony... Tonks," I whispered. "Wake up! Both of you! You can't be dead!"

I stared at them for what seemed like forever, when in reality it was probably only for a few seconds, maybe a minute.

I raised my head and looked around until my eyes landed on a blonde woman and a red headed man laying side by side, both unconscious. I couldn't make out the faces, or maybe I just didn't want to.

I shakily stood up. That woman isn't Elle and that man isn't Fred. They can't be. They just can't.

As I drew nearer I saw the woman's chest moving up and down on it's own, while the man had a healer above him, waving a wand to help him breathe.

I was right beside them. I took a deep breath to prepare myself and looked down. It was Elle and Fred.

They're alive. They're not dead. Think of it that way, Padfoot.

As I looked at Elle's face, I finally broke down and a couple of tears started falling. I sat down on the ground beside Elle and took her hand.

"It's going to be okay, Elle. I know it is. You and Fred are going to be just fine," I said quietly. I don't know if I was trying to reassure her or myself.

"Mister Black?" The healer helping Fred breathe asked.

I tore my eyes away from Elle. "Yes?"

"I just wanted to let you know that we notified St. Mungo's and they are sending healers to come pick them up. I was told that Elle has a concussion and some internal injuries that Madame Pomfrey healed, but she will still be in and out of consciousness for the next few days. Fred has more severe brain damage and is in a coma. St. Mungo's will be able to tell you more."

"Okay," I paused, soaking the information in for a second, "Thank you."

The healer smiled a polite but distant smile and shifted her gaze elsewhere.

Everyone started heading out of the Great Hall. I sighed, kissed Elle's forehead, and stood up. I followed everyone outside.

Voldemort and his Death Eaters were approaching. Hagrid was carrying something. A body, it looked like.

"Harry Potter is dead!"