TWELVE

"You have to go home and get some rest, Elle. You've been here for two weeks straight!"

I shook my head in response to Sammy. I can't leave. I don't want to leave. I don't want to do anything except be here with Fred.

"No. I'm not having any of that. You're going home, like it or not. I will personally take you. I will personally shower you when we get there. I will personally put you in bed. I'm not taking no for an answer. You need to shower. You need to sleep," she told me, clearly frustrated.

I shrugged. If she wants me out of here, she will have to drag me.

She waited for a beat before grabbing my arm and apparating. It all happened so quickly that I didn't have time to fight back. I didn't realize that I closed my eyes, but I must've because when I opened them I seen the flat.

Huh. She did drag me away from Fred. Well, I should've expected it. It's something she would do.

She still had ahold of my arm. She pulled me to my room and into my bathroom. She turned on the shower and faced me. "I'm going to go get you fresh clothes from your dresser. You better be undressed and in the shower when I come back in here," she warned me.

I barely nodded. She's right; I do need to shower. I probably smell. It's been like four days since I've showered. And even then it was in the bathroom in Fred's room.

When she shut the door behind her, I started taking off my clothes. Once I was undressed, I paused to study myself in the mirror.

I ran a hand through my ratty, wavy blonde hair that I pulled out of a messy braid. My grey eyes were dull. My ribs were showing. I had lost at least ten pounds in the past month, as I had been eating hospital food. And not much of that. I haven't been hungry. I'm scared to leave his room and get spells shot at me. I'm scared to leave the quietness of his room and have an attack.

Finally tearing my gaze away from my sickly looking self, I moved to get into the shower.

In the shower, I let the hot water flow down my body for a little while. I vaguely heard Sammy come in with some clothes.
-----
After I got out of the shower I noticed that Sammy had brought me some jeans and my oldest- and my favorite- AC/DC tshirt.

I slowly got dressed, leaving the bathroom after I got done.

Sammy looked at me and nodded her approval. My shirt was baggier on me than normal and I needed a belt with my jeans. You could tell that I hadn't been eating much.

She waved her wand and dried my hair. "Come on. I'm taking you to lunch before you come back and get some rest."

She tossed me some socks and my Vans. I put them on and followed Sammy out of the flat.

"We're going to The Leaky Cauldron," she told me as we went down the stairs.

I barely nodded, numbly following her.

She led me through Diagon Alley and to The Leaky Cauldron. We were seated in a booth near the fireplace.

Sammy looked at me. She seemed to be at a loss of what to say. I wasn't going to start the conversation, as I didn't know what to say. My thoughts were all of Fred, unconscious in his hospital bed. I didn't want to talk.

Someone must've dropped a tray or something, because a loud crash sounded throughout the room.

I stiffened, reminding myself to stay calm. Nevertheless, my hand went to my wand. I drew it, pressing it against my torso.

"Elle, it's okay. It was just a clumsy waiter. There's not a war going on anymore." Sammy said gently.

I nodded, looking down. Of course she's right. I slowly put my wand away, embarrassed.

A waitress came and took our order, nodding and smiling as if she doesn't have a care in the world.

I suppose you wouldn't, assuming the love of your life isn't in a coma. Assuming that you didn't nearly die in battle. Assuming your best friend wasn't killed in said battle.

I'm doing it again. Hating normal, happy people.

"So, Elle, I have some news," Sammy said, shaking me from my thoughts.

I didn't say anything.

"I'm not going to beat around the bush. I'm just going to say it: I'm dating Draco Malfoy."

I certainly wasn't expecting that to be her news.

She looked at me nervously.

"You're speechless. You're shocked. I was too. I really like him, Elle."

Of course. Everyone else is finding love while I'm so close to losing mine.

"I'm happy for you," I managed to say.

She smiled softly. "Thank you, Elle. That means a lot."

I nodded as our food arrived.
----
After we ate, Sammy forced me back to the flat to get some sleep.

I wandered into Fred's room. I grabbed one of his shirts and changed into it. I slipped under his sheets, grateful that they still smell like him.

Sleep came easily for once.