THIRTY

"Love, wake up."

"Nooooo," I groaned, burying myself farther down in my pillow.

"It's your birthday and I have some breakfast in bed for you," Fred taunted. I could practically feel the proud smirk radiating off of his face.

I groaned and sat up, stretching.

I felt myself blush as I seen Fred standing beside my side of the bed, smirking while holding a tray of food. His piercing blue eyes were staring at me, which is what made me blush.

He let me get situated before sitting the tray in my lap.

I smiled as I seen that he had made me my favorites. I felt an overwhelming feeling of love towards him. I'm the most lucky woman in the world.

I took a bite of the pancakes first. Fred laid beside me, drawing circles on my knee as he watched me eat.

I was constantly blushing because of his stare and silence.

The sausage was good, as was the pancakes.

I left the strawberries for last as I scooped a bite onto the fork, feeding it to Fred with a laugh.

I smiled as he took my tray back to the kitchen after I had finished. I started to get up, but Fred had come in so he jumped over me, landing right beside me. His arm went over my waist, pulling me back down. He rested his head on my stomach, allowing me to mess with his hair.

"Nope, we're laying in bed for a little longer. I have this day already planned out," Fred informed me as he wrapped his arms around my waist, burying his head in my abdomen.

I laughed. "Okay."

We stayed like that for a bit, just content in each other's arms. The sight of the golden rays from the window shining on Fred's red hair was absolutely stunning.

Finally, I felt Fred take a deep breath before he sat up. "Alright, go change. We're gonna go do something romantic."

I raised a brow. "And what is this something romantic?"

He smirked. "I'm not saying."

"I need to know so I know what to wear!" I exclaimed, trying to persuade him to tell me.

"Just wear something warm."

I sighed and got up, going to my room.

I went to my closet and decided on an oversized mustardy-yellow sweater and black jeans, with grey boots.

I tucked the sweater into the front of my jeans, hoping to lessen the oversized look of it. I still haven't gained much weight back. I sighed and grabbed a black belt as well.

I calmed my waves with a spell, making them look decent.

I grabbed my coat off of my bed and went out to the living room. Fred wasn't out yet, but Ben was on the couch.

He had grown so much in just a couple of months. I smiled and went over to him.

When I sat down, he turned and laid his head on my lap, along with his paws.

I smiled and petted him, running my fingers in his soft fur.

Finally, Fred emerged, in a red and black flannel. He looked quite dashing, with his red hair slightly messy and his blue eyes sparkling with mischief.

"You ready?"

I nodded, giving Ben one last pet. I kissed his head before standing up and grabbing Fred's arm.

He led me downstairs and out of the shop, whispering sweet nothings in my ear as we walked.

We walked to the same park we went to on our first date. As we were walking, it started to snow.

I laughed as Fred turned and pulled me, him walking backwards. Soon enough he pulled me closer to him and swung me around as we heard music playing from somewhere.

I'm sure we were quite the sight, a blonde and a ginger dancing in the snow to music that was at least a mile away.

We danced to another song before Fred pulled away, grinning at me.

"C'mon," he laughed as he pulled me along.

We walked for a bit before I seen the theatre we went to on our first date. I grinned when I seen what was playing on the billboard.

It was the movie we seen on our first real date. That's when it struck me, what he was doing. He's trying to recreate our first real date.

He paid for the tickets and pulled me inside, buying some popcorn and a soda for us to share.
——
I was right. He's recreating our first date.

Now we're in the restaurant we went to on our first date. Both of us had already ordered our food.

"I have something for you," Fred suddenly told me, taking his hand out of mine and reaching into his pocket.

"Fred, you didn't have to get me anything!" I exclaimed, suddenly embarrassed that he was giving me so much attention.

He smirked. "Yes, I did. You're the love of my life, how was I supposed to not get you anything for your birthday?" He said as he slid a small wrapped box across the table to me.

I felt myself blush, so I looked to my lap allowing my hair to hide my flaming cheeks.

I felt him brush the hair away from my face before gently cupping my chin and making me look up. His expression was soft, with a small smile playing across his face.

"Please, love. Open it."

I sighed and gave him a small smile before taking the small box.

I smiled when I seen how crooked the bow was and how the wrapping wasn't perfect, telling me that Fred actually wrapped it himself.

I carefully unwrapped it, preserving the paper so I didn't make a mess. A black velvet box was revealed.

I shot Fred a questioning look before opening it hesitantly.

I grinned when I seen what it was. It was a paw print charm with Ben's name on it. I ran my fingers over it, only noticing the hinges when my fingers ran across them.

I opened it, realizing it was a locket. Inside was a picture of Fred and I holding Ben when he was still a young puppy on one side, and a picture of him licking my face that was taken a couple of days ago.

I got up and slid into Fred's seat, giving him a kiss, the velvet box in my hand.

When I pulled away, Fred grinned at me. "So does that mean you like it?"

"I love it. Thank you, love."

"Good. Do you want me to put it on you?"

I grinned and handed him the box. "Please."

He got it out and put it on me while I held my hair out of the way. Once it was on, I gave him another kiss before sliding back into my seat.