ONE

"Hey, Fred?" I asked him as I was sorting through the Puking Pastilles in the living room, which was currently piled high with boxes upon boxes of products.

"Yeah, love?"

"How many orders of Puking Pastilles do we have?"

"We've received twelve."

"Okay. Can you put the addresses I need to owl them to on my desk in my room?" I asked as I lifted one box of them and tried to navigate my way through the maze of boxes.

"Sure."

I smiled at Fred's retreating figure, which had finally come into view as I made it out of the boxes. How did I get so lucky? I mean come on, he's amazing. He's practically perfection and here I am. He cooks for me, massages my neck after a long day, and looks at me like I'm the only girl in the world. Oh no, I'm sounding like one of those girls, aren't I?

I quickly started sorting the Puking Pastilles into the boxes I would send them out in. I was glad for my small and nimble hands at times like these; they made packing things tightly easier.

I sighed and looked back down at the package of Puking Pastilles I was packing to send to a customer. We were doing mail orders now, since we had to close the shop temporarily due to Death Eaters. It was getting far too dangerous for our doors to remain unlocked, not to mention that no one wanted to leave the safety of their homes.

We still live in our flat above the shop, but if I were to go down there right now all I would see is empty shelves. It looks depressing, like a ghost town. There's not even nonperishable products on the shelves. We mainly stay locked up in the flat for safety, keeping us as far away from Diagon Alley and danger as possible. There are charms up to make it look like the top floor- which is the flat- is as dark as the bottom two floors.

I finished packing the package and started on the last one I needed to finish after taking a quick count to make sure I had enough.

After I was done with that, I levitated the boxes to my room and onto my bed. I spread them out so that I could easily write the addresses on them.

I wrote the addresses on each box and whistled
for our business owl, a large brown owl who I fed probably more than he really needs, but he always hoots until he's full! We named him Zuko and I've fell in love with him. Unfortunately, Zuko hates Fred. Absolutely hates him. I petted Zuko lovingly as I gave him instructions on where to take the first package.

Before he left I gave him a treat, to which he hooted happily.

I watched him fly off and become nothing more than a tiny dot in the sky before I put the other packages in the order that they needed to go out in.

After that was done I went out to the living room to ask Fred what else needed done. Of course I know there's plenty to be done even though we're only doing mail orders, but I don't know what Fred wants prioritized. I saw him sitting on the couch, his eyebrows knitted together in concentration. It was cute. He was hunched over some papers that were sitting on the coffee table, which Fred had pulled closer to the couch in order for him to work.

"Fred?" No answer.

"Fred?" Still no answer.

"Fred, everything okay?" Guess what? No answer.

"Fred!"

He jumped. "Huh? Oh, Elle, it's just you."

I moved and sat down beside him. I put my arm around his shoulders. "Are you okay, Fred?"

His eyes found mine. I scanned his face. You could tell he was stressed and tired. He had dark bags under his eyes and he seemed paler than normal.

"Honestly? No, Elle, I'm not."

I nodded. "Maybe you should quit early today. Why don't you stop where you're at and go lie down? I'll finish up whatever you're doing."

He shook his head. "No. I'm almost finished anyway."

I simply looked at him. "Fred, get this through your head. You. Need. Sleep."

"Elle-"

"No buts! Now, go take a nap and I'll finish up here."

He sighed. "Okay. On one condition."

"And what's that?" I asked.

He smirked. "After you get done, you come and lie down with me."

I sighed and pretended to decide. "Hmmm. I suppose I can take that deal."

He grinned, kissed my cheek, and disappeared into his room.

I looked at what he was doing. It was just marking down how much of each item we've sold in the past month. I can do that.

So that's what I did for the next one and a half hours. When I was finally done, I put everything on the desk we had in the living room, which was surrounded by the maze of boxes.

I went to my room and changed into something more comfortable, then I went into Fred's room. Sometimes we do this, taking naps so we could work later into the night. Our sleep schedules were messed up to say the least.

I was relieved to see him sleeping peacefully. I was hoping he took my orders and actually went to sleep. He needs it.

I quietly shut the door behind me and slid under the covers gently so as to not wake Fred. After I was settled, an arm snaked its way around my waist and pulled me against a body.

I smiled and made sure Fred was really asleep. Indeed he was. Slow breathing, eyes closed, innocent facial expression that he couldn't pull off if he was awake.

I placed my head on his chest and listened to the steady rhythm of his heart beating. He was shirtless, so I let my hand roam his chest and abs (thank you, quidditch). No, I wasn't trying to wake him up to have sex. Me and Fred haven't even done it, so don't worry. My mum taught me that sex isn't something you just give to someone. I want my first time to be special, so I don't think I'm just going to go and do it right now.

I noticed a few scars, most likely from quidditch or pranks he and George have pulled. I remember him getting injured during quidditch, so I have no doubt that some of these were from that.

His arms tightened around my waist. I looked up at him, but he still had that innocent, blissful face he had when he was asleep.

After a bit I let sleep take over. It's remarkable how quickly one can fall asleep when they're near the one they love.