The begining

Blake had finally made it out to LA. He had been trying for the last four years to get picked up by a label. At 20 his mom had remarried and he finally felt like he didn't need to be there taking care of her all the time. That's when he made the decision; it was time for him to pursue his love of music. After four years of playing in bars his luck had finally won out. One night after he played at a bar in downtown Nashville a lady walked up to him and asked him if they could talk. At first he was taken aback wondering if he should know this woman; that is until she introduced herself as an A&R for Millennial Records based in LA. After a long conversation with her he agreed to meet her in LA to go over things and preform for the people who made the final call whether or not he would get signed on. One thing Blake sets up before he even gets out there is to play at the local hospital on the cancer unit. Ever since he lost his grandpa to cancer he started playing for patients going through the same thing. It's always special to him to see their faces relax and even light up if only for the few minutes he plays.
.......................................................................
Gwen had cried the day the doctor told her she had cancer. She cried the day she went into the hospital for her first treatment. She cried the day the first clump of blonde hair fell out. She cried a lot these days. Two months ago is when her world came crashing down. She had gone to the doctor with abdominal pain and after tons of test they told her she had a tumor on her uterus. She was scheduled for surgery where they removed her uterus and ovaries. Next, she was scheduled for in-patient chemo treatments. So here she sat in her hospital bed 23 years old with no chance of ever having kids of her own. That was the part that hurt the most. All Gwen had wanted to be since she was a little girl was a mom. She wanted at least four kids like her mom, but that was all out the window now at only 23. Gwen had only ever had two boyfriends. The first boyfriend she had met in high school but he broke up with her. The next boyfriend she had she met through one of her friends. He turned out to be a real asshole. When she was diagnosed he told her that this wasn't what he asked for. He didn't want to be taking care of a sick cancer patient for who knows how long, and heaven forbid she die. He said it just wasn't his thing to be with the sick girl so he dumped her. She lays in her hospital and cries yet again. One month without him and it still hurt just as much as the day he walked out. She was hopeless that anyone would ever love and want to marry her. No one in their right mind would agree to take care of a barren cancer patient and that thought was killing her just as much as the cancer was.

"Gwen how are you doing today? Any nausea? Pain?" The nurse asks Lou

"No today seems to be a good day." Gwen answers

"Good. You know what could be really good for you since you're feeling ok today?"

"What would that be?" She asks skeptically

"There is a guy coming in today to sing for the unit. I think you would really enjoy it!"

"I don't know maybe. When is he coming?"

"He is supposed to be singing around 2:30. At least think about ok? It would really do you some good to get out of this room for a little while. If you go and get tired or aren't enjoying it you can come back to your room."

"Yeah I'll think about it. Thanks Lou."

Lou and Gwen had been friends for years they just never thought their paths would cross this way too. God had other plans though.
................................................................
Blake had met the label this morning at 10 am and yet again it didn't go so well for him. He wasn't gonna lie he was disappointed but it was a step farther than he has gotten in the past so he tries to keep his head up. He has the hospital gig in an hour so he heads back to his hotel to freshen up and get ready to go.
:::::::::::::::
Lou had been dropping hints all morning that Gwen needed to go see this guy perform. It's really starting to annoy Gwen. Like is she seriously not allowed to sulk that the life she dreamed of having has gone up in flames. However, to get her friend and nurse to leave her alone she agreed to go.
................................................................
Blake had set up and the patients were filing into the little sitting area. He was sitting tuning his guitar when she walked in. For whatever reason, fate maybe, he looked just as Gwen was walking in and their eyes met. He smiled at her and she blushed looking at the floor. Blake was intrigued. She had a bandanna wrapped around her head and a few thin strands of blonde hair sneaking out. Even sick and for sure skinnier than she normally would be, she was beautiful to Blake. He was finding it hard to continue tuning as he couldn't keep his eyes off her, and considering the fact that when he looked she was already staring, it seems she is feeling the same way. Blake started playing and he had to consciously look away from this beautiful women sitting to his left and look at the rest of the room of people.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::
Gwen couldn't understand what was going on. From the minute she walked into the sitting area she couldn't keep her eyes of this man sitting behind the guitar. Something about him drew her in and kept her focus. She blushed and looked away for a minute when she found his eyes on her too. She couldn't look away for to long though. After he finished she felt dread come up in her. What is wrong with her? She has never met him before much less have even talked to him.
........................................................................................................
"Gwen did you enjoy the singing?" Lou asked with a knowing smirk on her face