Let Me Love You

The run in with Gavin had rattled Gwen to her core. For a good part of the evening she was quiet; thinking that there is no way that Blake would want to stay with her forever. If you asked her she would tell you that if he asked her to marry him today she would say "yes" a thousand times over. But after the things Gavin said she was second guessing why anyone as amazing as Blake would ever love her.

Blake was already so good at reading Gwen's moods; he knew something was on her mind. On the ride home he decided to bring it up so he took one hand off the wheel, took her hand in his, and said

"Gwen baby, you are thinking awful loudly over there."

"I'm okay Blakey, I'm ok" she replied hesitantly

"Darlin I can tell when something is wrong and I am going to wager a guess that what your ex said has you overthinking things" he states matter of factly

"No Bl...." she starts to respond

He cuts her off, not trying to be rude, but he wants to set her mind at ease "No Gwen, I get it...he put you through hell but let me just say this please...I would never, ever think of leaving you. You are it for me and nothing anyone says or does will change that okay?"

He lifts her hand to his mouth, places a kiss on her hand, and finishes his thought..."do you hear what I am saying baby? Do not ever doubt my love for you because it and I are going nowhere!"

"Aww Blakey thank you for that! I am not sure how you do it but you always know how to get me out of my dark places!"

"It's easy darlin...I just love you!"

As they drive home, unbeknownst to Gwen, Blake has sent a message to her best friend Justine to put the end of his plan in motion. By the time they arrive Justin will be walking out the back door as they walk in the front.

They arrive home and Blake goes around to the passenger side to help Gwen out of the car. He opens the door and offers his hand like the true gentleman he is. They walk hand in hand to the door and before they open in Blake pulls Gwen to him, gazes into to his favorite deep brown eyes and gives her a light, romantic kiss.

"Gwen I just want you to know that this has been one of the best days of my life and I would not have wanted to spend it with anyone else" he says holding her close

"Ditto Blakey...ditto!"

He opens the door and Gwen notices that there are candles leading up the stairs. She turns to Blake, wide eyed and asks him

"Babe what is going on here?"

He looks down at Gwen and replies

"Darlin I know you have not been feeling yourself or even feeling as beautiful as I say you are; but I wanted to find a way to show you just how beautiful I think you are."

"Blakey what have you done?" she asks shyly

"Let's go upstairs and find out" he says as he leads her up the stairs

When they arrive at the bedroom door Blake pushes it open and to Gwen's surprise it is covered in rose petals with candles dimly lighting the room. Blake leads her into the room a bit more, not sure if she likes it or not until Gwen tugs his hand and looks up at him with an unprecedented amount of love in her eyes

"Blakey this is all for me?"

Her handsome cowboy looks into her eyes, puts his hands on her face and says "Gwen you have been through so much with your disease and you have fought it with such strength, dignity, and bravery. You amaze me every day with you ability to persevere. I would be a fool to not want to be with a woman as strong as you. I understand how hard the treatments have been on you and I would never want to push you into doing anything you do not want to do...."