Meet the parents

They pull into the little parking lot in front of the restaurant. Gwen had had a death grip on Blake's hand the whole drive there. Once the car is in park Blake turns toward Gwen and places his free hand on her cheek.

"Sunshine, everything is gonna work out ok. You have to relax. You're not gonna make it through if you keep stressing."

"I know it's just not only am I seeing them for the first time in a while, but they don't know about the whole cancer thing either. I wish I had my hair so they didn't have to find out like this."

"Gwen I told them you were going through a tough time and you need their support so it's not gonna be a total shock that something like that is going on."

"Just don't leave me ok?"

"Never sunshine never."

Blake gets out of the car heading over to Gwen's door and helps her get out.

"Hey I'm right here ok." She smiles and raises up puckering her lips

Blake knows what she needs and he obliges. He bends down their lips making contact. When Gwen try's to deepen the kiss Blake again obliges pulling her into him. They have kissed on several occasions now but most haven't been like this. This kiss is loaded with meaning for both of them and eases their nerves just a bit. They finally break apart and Blake wraps his arm around her shoulders and she wraps hers around his waist. Blake opens the door ushering Gwen in. Gwen sees them before they see her and she turns back to Blake. His arm returns around her as they walk up to the older couple.

"Hi mom. Dad."

They turn and see Gwen and obviously Blake, however they seem to ignore him.

"Oh my gosh Gwen. What happened? Are you ok?" Her mom asks fear running through her voice

"Hmm I was hoping we could sit down first."

"Of course." Her mom answers trying to remain stoic

"Hey sweet heart" her dad pipes in

She offers one of her sweet smiles that melts Blake's heart every time. The waitress grabs menus and walks them to their table, quickly taking their drink order. Gwen is sitting right up against Blake. Blake keeps his arm around her knowing right now she needs the support. She needs to know he has her back. Everyone is really quiet at first.

"You must be Blake?" Pattie asks

"Yes ma'am that's me."

"You said your Gwen's boyfriend?" She asks

"Yes ma'am."

"Gwen baby what's going on with you?" Dennis finally joins

"About four months ago I had severe abdominal pain. I ended up in the ER. After a bunch of test the found a mass on my uterus and it was cancer. They did a hysterectomy taking the tumor. I have been on strong doses of chemo ever since."

"Gwen why didn't you call us? What happened to Gavin?"

"When it started I was still with Gavin but after they diagnosed me and he found out how bad it was, how sick I was, he dumped me. I didn't think I could call you after what happened." Gwen was looking at her lap wringing her fingers

"Gwen we have always told you, you could call us anytime no matter the circumstances."

"I know but it wasn't that easy. I chose him over you my own family. I was ashamed of myself."

"Gwen you have to know that your mother and I love you no matter what has happened."

Tears are running down Gwen's cheeks at this point. Blake squeezes her to him lifting her chin to make her look at him. He wipes the tears and whispers "I'm right here." She smiles at him reaching for his free hand, which he gives her willingly. The waitress approaches and takes everyone's order.