Trusting in Truth

"Sunshine come on! We are gonna be late."

"Do I look ok Blake?"

"Baby you look amazing. Just like the other three times you came down."

"I'm trying to make a good impression on YOUR mom. So thanks for making it a joke." She says turning to go upstairs again

Blake grabs her arm before she can go anywhere and pulls her into his chest. Her arms instantly go around his waist and her head to his chest. They stand there a minute holding each other. He always knows what she needs.

"I'm sorry. I just really want this to go perfect."

"I know sunshine but really just be you. I fell in love with you and she will too."

"Thanks Blakey. I love you."

"Love you too."

Blake lowers his head while she pushes onto her toes and their lips meet, all tension she had left in her instantly leaves. However, the moment his lips part from hers, the nerves are back. Blake takes Gwen's hand and they head out to the car. The whole ride Gwen is moving and chewing on her nails. She only does that when she is nervous. Blake reaches over the console placing his hand on her knee. She grabs it and laces their fingers together. The rest of the ride she holds tight to his hand. When they finally get to the airport and are waiting for them to come out of security, Blake wraps his arms around Gwen hugging her tight to him. She returns the love by wrapping her hands around his waist and pulling him to her as well. It's when Blake starts to pull away and says there they are, that Gwen freaks out in her head.

"Mom" Blake says wrapping her in a hug

"I missed you so much baby boy."

"I missed you like crazy too! Mom everyone this is Gwen."

Gwen stands there and starts to wave hello when suddenly Dot reaches for her.

"Come here and give me a hug." Gwen returns the hug being grateful Blake seems to have gotten his easygoing attitude from his mom

"Hi I'm Endy." She says as they exchange a quick hug "It's really nice to meet you. What little Blake has talked to us...." she gives him the shame on you big sister look. "He said you are a designer for Vx."

"Yeah I started there right out of college and it has been the best thing ever. Chuck has been like a second dad to me and when I got sick they worked with me."

"That's really cool. I design jewelry. I want to launch a line of my own in the future. I have a lot of sketches. Just working out details and such."

"That's so awesome. You're welcome to use the stuff in our studio while you're here and I would love to see some of your sketches, if you brought them."

"You have a studio at the house. Holy cow you and I are going to be best friends."

"Hey that role is already taken!" Blake chimes in making everyone laugh

By this point Blake was holding his niece while his nephew was talking ninety miles an hour. They all walk down to baggage claim to get everyone's bags and make their way to the house.
.........................................

Blake woke the next morning a bit anxious and nervous on top of being the happiest he has ever been. He was introducing his family to Gwen's family and he could only hope that things would go smoothly. He looked down at the woman asleep on his chest; she looked so peaceful, so healthy. In the weeks that had passed since her last treatment Blake had made sure Gwen was eating more and eating healthy. He made sure she stayed hydrated and made sure she didn't overdue it. He slowly extracted himself from underneath his girlfriend and made his way to the shower. When he finished drying off, taming his curls (although Gwen usually told him not to because she loves his curls), and trimming his beard he walked back out to the bedroom only to find Gwen sitting up in bed watching the door as he exited.