Taking care

Blake woke the next morning to the sunlight coming in through the window. He silently put room darkening shades on his "need to get" list. As much as he wanted to have Gwen with him in his bed last night, neither of them were ready for that. The hadn't even admitted to each other what was going on. Blake got himself up and headed to the kitchen to fix breakfast, that is until he realized that a furnished house didn't mean it came with a stocked fridge. He put his palm to his forehead. Everything happened so fast yesterday he didn't get groceries or check out of his hotel. He grabs his phone off the counter and did a search for restaurants in the area that would deliver. There wasn't a big selection but anything at this point would do. He ordered some scrambled eggs, sausage, and pancakes. As he is leaning against the counter scrolling through his phone, he feels two tiny arms wrap around his waist. He brings his arm around her pulling her into his side.

"Good morning sunshine. Did you sleep ok?"

"Yeah I did until the sun in my window woke me up"

"Dammit your room too. I'm gonna get us some room darkening shades today. I'm sorry it woke you up."

"It's ok Blakey. What are we doing for breakfast?"

"Are you hungry?" Gwen nods her head in response

"Good you need to eat. I ordered scrambled eggs, sausage, and pancakes." Blake informs her noticing a look on her face that he can't quite place "hey what's that face for?"

"Blake I don't eat meat." She says worrying that he might get upset that he ordered that for her and now she wasn't gonna eat it.

"Good to know for next time. I'll suffer through and eat your portion this time." Blake says pretending and being over dramatic

"You aren't mad?"

Blake taken aback by her question. Why would he be mad?

"No. Why would I be mad?"

"I don't know no reason." Gwen answers pulling out of his embrace to sit on the kitchen stool looking at her lap

"Hey. Gwen." He says as he walks over to her and lifts her chin "are you ok?"

She straightens up and puts on a smile.

"Yes I'm good Blakey."

He can tell it's not a full smile but he doesn't want to push her. He wants her to open up to him when she is ready. So he bends slightly to plant a kiss on her forehead. How does he manage to make her feel like so treasured and important to him? She has never had a man treat her the way Blake does. Tony, her first boyfriend, never did anything wrong per se but he sure didn't go out of his way to make her feel important. This was a welcome change. One that Gwen needed a long time ago and especially now with everything going on in her life. Breakfast came and they ate with a sense of contentment. Blake got Gwen settled on the couch with the tv remote and an endless amount of channels.

"Alright sunshine are you sure you're gonna be ok long enough for me to go check out of the hotel and to get your clothes out of the storage unit?"

"Yeah I'll be ok. To be honest I'll probably take a nap."

"Ok here is the house phone. I'm gonna stop and get you a cell on my plan if I have time. If not I'll do it tomorrow after I get you to your treatment."

He smiled at her and she smiled back. He turned to walk toward the door until he felt her grab his hand. He turned around to see that shy face that was trying to decide if it's ok to ask for a kiss goodbye. Yeah they kissed yesterday but she didn't want to assume that it was ok to do it. He could read her facial expressions even though she thought she was covering them well. He bent down and their lips met. Explosions. Is it gonna be like this every time? Gwen hoped so cause it was amazing.