Back to the start

It's been the worst 2 days of Gwen's life. Her phone hasn't stopped ringing since the minute she walked out of Blake's house, out of their house. It literally took everything she had to turn and walk out. She did it for him. He deserved someone who could give him the family he deserved. She can't do that. She cried the whole way to Jen's house and locked herself in the guest room once they got there. Tonight is family dinner and as much as she wants to lay here and cry even more. She is determined to be present in her families lives. She needs them more now than ever. Blake has done nothing but pace and redial Gwen's number. She won't answer him though. He is losing his mind not being with her, not knowing if she is ok or not. Does she miss him even a little bit? He understands her reason for leaving but he doesn't need kids to be happy. He needs her. He cried the entire night passing. How is he gonna get her back when she won't talk talk to him and he doesn't know where she is?

Gwen hears a knock on her door.

"Yeah?" She yells and the door cracks open Jen poking her head in

"Hey sorry to bother you but are you gonna come to dinner tonight?"

"Yeah I'll come. I just need to get ready."

"Ok cool we have about 30 minutes before we need to leave."

"Sounds good I'll be ready."

Just as Jen closes the door her phone beeps with a text message. It just as it has been since she left two days ago. Blake asking her to at least talk to him that he loves her and he isn't gonna stop trying to get her back. She again ignores it and gets up to get dressed. She comes out of the room 20 minutes later after applying who knows how much makeup looking relatively normal considering she hadn't slept all night and had been crying.

"Hey. Are you...doing ok?" Jen asks with a look of concern on her face

"Yeah I'll be good."

When they get to her parents house Gwen dodges all questions of where Blake is. She sits at the bar in the kitchen and watches as her mom puts the finally toppings on before baking the prepared dish. Stella pops her head in the kitchen from the deck.

"Aunt Gwen will you come play with me? Pllllleeeeaaaase" she begs giving Gwen the puppy dog eyes that she herself has used to get people to do what she wants.

"Sure" Gwen answers leaving her phone on the counter as she goes outside with her niece

Pattie continues prep around the kitchen. Gwen's phone is ringing off the hook. Pattie decides that if it rings again she is going to answer it because clearly it's important. Sure enough the phone rings for a fourth time. Pattie walks over and picks up the phone answering it.

"Hello"

"Gwen please talk to me. You're killing me...."

"Blake it's not Gwen it's Pattie. What are you talking about?" She hears him break just for a sec as a sob escapes him

"Blake what's going on? Are you ok?"

"Two days ago Gwen packed her clothes and left to go stay with Todd and Jen. She left because she said I deserved someone who could give me a baby. She saw me playing with Stella and next thing I knew she was crying running up the steps. I went after her but she was set on leaving. Mrs. Stefani I have known that she can't have kids for a while now. I'm still here. I don't care about her not being able to have kids. If we want the later we can adopt or whatever, but I want her more than I ever wanted kids. Please tell me, is she ok? I have been by her side everyday since the hospital and this, this is killing me." He breaks down into sobs

"Blake darling you need to calm down you're gonna make yourself sick and that won't do any of us any good. Yes she's ok. She has seemed off almost upset all night but knowing what's going on explains it. Give me time to talk to her ok."