Not Worth It

Blake woke up extra early this morning. He was gonna give Gwen a day she would never forget. It had been a week since her last treatment. He still couldn't believe she was done. She fought so hard this whole time and now it's time for her to celebrate that fight paying off. He is gonna make sure she has a stress free fun day. To start off he is making her breakfast in bed. French toast, a medley of fruits, and a small yogurt was the spread that was in store for Gwen. Blake had also managed to get Gwen flowers delivered this morning. He sets the tray up perfectly. This day has to be perfect. When he walks in the room Gwen is still asleep. It kills him to wake her but to have this day play out perfectly she is gonna have to wake up and get moving. He places the tray on the foot of the bed walking to her side of the bed, funny he thinks that they already have sides of the bed. He bends over her sleeping form and plants a kiss on her cheek.

"Gwen, sunshine, wake up baby. It's time for breakfast." Blake tells her before going in to kiss her cheek again

She surprises him however turning her head making his lips connect with hers.

"Good morning Blakey. Why are you waking me up? What time is it?"

"Today is a special day darling. I have so much planned it's gonna be the perfect day."

"Oooo what are we doing?"

"That my darling is for me to know and for you to find out."

"Blakeeeeeeeey how am I supposed to know what to wear?"

"Wear clothes that you will be comfortable outside in, oh and walking shoes not your heels." He chuckles

"You like my heels don't lie. I saw you staring when I wore them."

"Hey I'm only a man. Now let's eat so we can get ready." Blake says moving the tray to her lap

"Oh my gosh Blake. You made all this for me?"

"I did. Breakfast in bed for my love."

A tear escapes her eye and rolls down her cheek.

"Hey I hope that's a happy tear." He says looking at her with what can only be described as love

"No one has ever done anything like this for me before."

"Well sunshine you better get used to it."

They ended up sharing breakfast considering Gwen hadn't eaten that much in months. When they finished, Blake took the tray downstairs to unload and clean it. When he heard the shower come on he reached for his phone. Blake had a plan for tonight but he needed some help.

"Hello" Justine answers

"Hey Justine, it's Blake, Gwen's boyfriend."

"Hey Blake. How are you?"

"I'm good. Just wondering if you would be up for helping me surprise Gwen?"

"Always! So what's the plan cowboy?"

Blake explains what he has planned and Justine jumps at the chance to help.

"Blake I really need to thank you for taking care of her. We have known each other for so long and I can honestly say I have never seen her so happy."

"I'm the lucky one. She is amazing and I have never met anyone like her."

"Well I hope you guys have a great day."

"Thank you"

Blake hangs up satisfied that the evening will be perfect. He heads up the stairs to get ready himself.
                                                    ....................................................
"Blake are you gonna tell me where we are going?"