Life begins

Gwen and Blake were cuddled in her hospital bed when a nurse, not Gwen's nurse who is Lou like usual, came in telling Blake visiting hours were over and he needed to leave.

"Excuse me" Blake answered

"Sir visiting hours are over and you need to leave." The nurse says not knowing who she is up against

"I'm not going anywhere." Blake responds matter of factly

"Sir I'm sorry it's hospital policy." She counters

"I'm not leaving her here by herself all night. I have done nothing but have to fight to stay with her and it's getting quite ridiculous at this point." Blake says getting louder as he talks

Lou hears the commotion coming up behind the other nurse.

"Hey Leah I got this." Lou tells her

"Ok" she huffs walking out

"Lou I'm not leaving I think you know that though."

"Yeah I know, just keep your door closed so no one sees you in here."

"Ok"

Neither Blake nor Gwen got much sleep. He had started in the recliner beside the bed, however that didn't last long. After tossing and turning, Gwen had told him she needed him in her bed to sleep. So Blake had gotten in bed with her. She settled on his chest and they finally fell asleep only to be woke up four hours later when the doctors were making their rounds at 7 am.

"So Gwen I looked over your blood work and your scan. It was very promising. It looks like this next treatment is going to be your last one. And then we will repeat the scans to make sure everything is as it should be."

"Wait really? Like I would be done? I wouldn't need anymore chemo?" Gwen asked stunned

"Yes that's right. After this next one, as long as the new scans show what we expect, you will be in remission. You will still need monthly scans and blood work done at first but we think we got it all." The doctor explains

Gwen had sat up shifting off of Blake's chest, but as the tears of joy flowed she buried her face into his chest.

"Thank you for everything you have done for her! You saved both of our lives by saving her. Thank you."

"No thanks needed. You guys have a good day."

With that the doctors turned and headed out of the room leaving Gwen and Blake to soak in the news. Gwen still had tears running down her face.

"Blake we are done after this one. We can travel and visit your home. We can be a normal couple. No more hours long hospital visits. I can finally grow my hair back."

"From yesterday to today, I feel like the luckiest man alive. I have the girl that I didn't even know existed even in my dreams, much less in real life. Now to find out that she is gonna be ok is the best news a man could ask for.

Later that afternoon Gwen gets discharged and Blake calls Luke to come pick them up. On the way home Blake sits in the back with Gwen. She is practically sitting in his lap. No doubt that if it weren't for the seat belt confining her, she would be in his lap.

"Gwen I know you're tired but when we get home I have a surprise for you."

"What is it?"

"You will just have to wait and see."

"Aww Blakey I want to know."

"Almost home"
                                                           ..........................................
They pull up into their driveway and Blake helps Gwen out of the car. As soon as they open the door Betty is all over Blake. He finally has time to give her some attention before realizing Gwen is just standing there looking at them.