l (i)

Draco Malfoy leaned against a locker as he waited for his partner. His fingers swiftly typed a response to Pansy's text, scrunching his nose at the loud and annoying sound of the school bell. He had skipped Social Studies because it didn't really matter and he already collected in his homework. A crowd of students flooded the hall and nearly all of them stayed away from him. He wasn't the Slytherin Ice Prince for nothing.

     One of those students was Hermione, who yelped in shock when she came face to face with the blond. "Holy hell, what are you doing here?!" The hand that was holding a book accidentally collided with his face and he cursed loudly.

     "Waiting for you, thank you very much." Draco growled, rubbing his cheek. When he looked behind her to see her two best friends giggling like little girls he said, "what are you two idiots laughing about? Getting hit by Granger is probably the only contact you'll have with a girl. Or maybe your mums." 

     "Why you little-"

     "Ron, he's not worth your time." Hermione chided, ignoring the look Draco sent her way.

     "Why are you even here Malfoy?" Harry questioned before there was a fight. 

     "We have a project for Professor Snape's class and I'd like to finish it in a week. You might do it the day before Potter but I'm smarter than you."

     "I'll see you two tomorrow, okay?" She said, ignoring everything that was exchanged because she didn't want to get in trouble with the professors again. Her hand wrapped around his wrist and dragged him away from her friends while hoping that the sparks she felt weren't fake.