l (ii)

The Leaky Cauldron was bustling with activity.

     Several waiters and waitresses spun through the crowd while holding bowls and plates of food along with several drinks. The bartender, Tom, was frowning as some underage students tried to buy alcohol with fake IDs. He had this job probably since their parents were teenagers, denying service to underage drinkers was second nature. But when he caught sight of one of his favorite customers his frown turned upside down.

     "Ah, ms. Granger! Fancy seeing you today."

     "Hi Tom," She greeted him with a bright smile, "I take it you don't have a table somewhere in the back?"

     "Oh ms. Granger, you know there's always a place for you and your friends here." He looked behind her and surprise covered his face when he saw not mr. Weasley or Potter, but the blond son of the Malfoys. One of the richest families in the city.

     Draco Malfoy looked slightly out of place with his fancy and posh clothes (the ones his parents made him wear everyday) and scowl. "-kay then. I'll have the usual and i'll take a menu." Hermione said, taking one of the menus and left towards the back. Draco looked lost for a second before his famous mask came in and he walked a little faster to catch up with her.

     The two of them sat at a table in silence. The blond casually flipped through the menu to see what was good to eat, meanwhile Hermione took out several books and her laptop to prepare what they were going to do. A waitress came over to take his order several minutes later before walking away.

     "So, Granger."

     "What?" Hermione asked him, raising an eyebrow.

     "What should our project be about?" He said before taking out his laptop and opening up Word.

     "I was thin-" "Here are your foods."

     The bright voice of the waitress from before butted into their conversation, bringing the lasagna for Hermione and the fish and chips for Draco. "Thank you," He said curtly to her while murmuring underneath his breath that the service here was remarkably fast.

     "Oh, your welcome doll." She giggled, resting her hand on his shoulder.

     The brunette wanted to tell him to stop sending goo-goo eyes towards the waitress and work harder because 45% of a grade was very important and he couldn't convince professor Snape to raise their (or just his) grade since he's his godfather, but, she didn't. Mostly because one of her new years resolutions is to be less condescending. "I was thinking-"

     "You know, I haven't seen you around here a lot. I'm Renee." The waitress said.

     "Draco." He responded, feeling slightly more uncomfortable even though this was a regular occurence that happened at school. "Excuse me but, where are our drinks?"

     "They might take a little longer doll, but you can use the wifi here while you wait. You should tell him the password Mya." Renee said before swaying her hips and walking away.

     Draco thought, Mya? but then shrugged it off as he started to type away. "What were you thinking about again Granger?"

     "Uh... I..." Hermione gulped nervously before taking a deep breath and calming herself, there was no way he could figure it out, could he? He is one of the smartest students at Hogwarts besides herself, Zabini, Boot, Corner and-

     "Granger!" He snapped, cutting her off from her thoughts.

     "Vatican City. I was thinking we could do Vatican City." She blurted out, which actually was what she was thinking about. Before everything else. Draco stared at her calculatingly before shrugging and humming his approval. It wasn't a country most people wouldn't be thinking of so no one would do the same as them.