lxxiii

[ wondering if i should enter the wattys, thoughts? btw you should read quantum entanglement on fanfiction.net cause its the best time travelling fic with hermione i've ever read. if you're not a fan of severus/hermione just read it cause the ship has not sailed yet. also longest chapter in this book :D ]

     Hermione kissed both her parents on the cheeks goodbye when she slung her bag over her shoulder. She walked out of the house with a smile on her face, but a flurry of emotions and thoughts ran across her brain. Somehow it was also the usual for her. So it didn't seem to worry her in the slightest. 

     But what did surprise her was when somebody tapped her shoulder, "Morning Mya."

     She slightly yelped when that happened, glaring when she saw the familiar blond hair and grey eyes of her boyfriend. Boyfriend. Not exactly her first time saying that, but it gave her a nice chill down her spine at the thought of saying it. "Don't scare me like that."

     He gave her a childish pout, "All I said was morning. Will a coffee make it better?" Draco handed her a cup of coffee with the familiar logo of the Three Broomstricks. She slowed down in her strides but smiled at the gesture.

     "Sort of, but not completely." Hermione said which was different than what she did which was snatch the warm cup in his hands. He smiled, kissing her on the cheek causing a blush to spread on her cheeks. It didn't help that a few people walking by chose to stare at the two of them openly. Which was definitely weird. 

     "I call that progress. So how was your night?"

     "Short, considering you spammed me the whole entire night."

     "Only until eleven. Unlike you, most people don't need to wake up at five in the morning." Draco teased her while rummaging through his bag. She peered curiously at his bag and noticed he was just checking his homework. Well, least it wasn't anything weird.

     "Uh... i'm just wondering but, are we going to go public with our relationship?" Hermione asked curiously. He looked up at her in surprise and it slowly dawned on him that he hadn't even thought of it.

     "I'm okay with anything I guess. But if we don't 'come out' in a month or two, i'll definitely ask questions."

     Hermione cracked a smile at his straightforwardness which is unusual for him. "Maybe we'll not hide it, but... what if we just don't tell them?"

     "That works for me."

     The two teens walked in silence for the rest of their walk towards Hogwarts. Somehow, along the way their hands ended up intertwined with each other's. Hermione couldn't help the tingly feelings she had in her stomach and unconsciously tightened her grip on Draco, wanting more contact. Huh. A little weird but maybe it's what regular couples with actual feelings for each other did? Viktor and Ron never did make her feel that way. it was definitely different with him but nice. And this isn't the first time she's thought of it. But just the situation and the people in it made her think of it on multiple occasions. In like, two or three days. 

     "Well we're here," Draco commented, gesturing at the double doors, "Shall we?"

     "We shall." She said, kissing him briefly before walking into the familiar halls. Not everybody looked their way but those who did stared at them. Far too long for eitheir of their liking. But it was kind of hard not to considering the fight between Ron and Harry and Draco has been going on for so long that to see one of the first two's best friend hanging around the latter? Kind of hard to believe.

     But the two of them just walked to Hermione's first class, History, and parted ways soon after with another kiss. Their relationship was fairly new so the kisses were probably the cause of the high they still had. Unfortunately - or maybe not - Draco didn't see the way Harry had gawked at them, immediately clinging onto his best friend's side and asking her what the hell was going on. Turns out, the day wasn't going to go too well for either of them. And the bell hasn't even gone off yet. Somebody please save me, Hermione thought. 

     "Hermione?! What the fuck?!" Harry said, demanded actually. Was it a little too dramatic? Possibly. Was it necessary? Possibly not. Was it a normal thing of his that Hermione was used too? Yes. 

     "Look I can explain Harry."

     "Yeah, you better." He snapped while being a little annoyed, crossing his arms. Not a single good thing came up in his mind that involved Malfoy. He knew that the project for Snape's class was over and done with, so what in the name of fuck would be her reason for hanging around that little ferret.

     "But i'm not going to." Hermione said in a hurry, taking her regular seat next to Hannah Abbott. The blonde girl smiled at her in return but quickly took an interest in her book. Both girls ignored the fact that Harry was practically a stuttering mess as he tried to think. By the time he finally got to his senses, the professor had walked into class and told everyone to take a seat.

     The green-eyed boy gave Hermione a look that she couldn't quite understand, but she did understand the note he had quickly scribbled. Well, it took her a little bit more time to read his messy handwriting but she did read, Hermione what's going on?

     Her response was, Talk to me after class I don't want to get in trouble

     Typical mione 

     Want me to tell you or not?

     Alright, alright

     She quickly sent a smirk his way before realising that that was a habit of Draco's that she had picked up. Well, just one of them. Hermione knew that she had spent a lot of time with him and not a lot with her friends. While writing down what the professor said, she also made a note in her head to schedule a breakfast or lunch with her friends. She wonders what she had missed during the time she spent with Draco. 

     Maybe Luna was taking care of a bird she had found. Or maybe Ginny finally stopped glaring at Creevey for playing a prank on her. Or Ron hadn't eaten a fried chicken yet. Her knowing that she hadn't spent equal time with her boyfriend and her friends caused her to become distracted during the next hour. Oh well, it's not like she didn't already read the chapter about this.