lxxv

[ uh....... hi? ]

     Draco Malfoy walked out of Professor Flitwick's classroom last, slightly bored out of his mind from the lecture the older man had given him about daydreaming in class. It wasn't his fault. Sort of. But of course, the blonde kept his tongue in check and managed not to tell him that if he made his subject more interesting he wouldn't have to daydream.

     Thank goodness that it was lunch, and Potter finally went away. He was sure that by the way he kept glaring at him during class he knew. Well it was better him compared to Weaselbee. The blond didn't know if he could handle him. 

     He sighed, mind wandering off to Hermione. His feet brought him to the area surrounding the Black Lake but more specifically his friends. He took a deep breath to steady himself in preparation for what Pansy might have to say about his new girlfriend. Blaise he knew wouldn't give two fucks, Theo would say some lewd comment and Daphne would wonder on about anything else after... ten minutes. 

     "Hello." Draco said calmly - possibly the exact opposite of what he was feeling - and sat down next to Blaise who tossed him a neatly wrapped burger, knowing that he loved his cooking. And he needed to have one nice thing before getting his ear chewed off. 

     "Why were you late Draco?" Theo asked while putting one arm around his girlfriend. All eyes were on him, except for Daphne's who was scrolling endlessly through whatever app she had recently downloaded. 

     "Flitwick held me back, said that daydreaming wasn't aloud in class."

     "What were you daydreaming about?" Pansy butts in with a cold and calculating tone, her face not giving away to any emotion except for... Actually, what is that emotion on her face? Draco internally sighed but he honestly didn't expect anything less from her. But before he opened his mouth she already said something. "Your new girlfriend?"

     Daphne's head looked up so fast he honestly thought her neck was going to break, or her phone since she dropped it at the same speed, "Girlfriend?! Draco, what in the name of my inheritance is she talking about?!"

     "I might have taken Granger out on a date, kissed her and asked her to be my girlfriend."

     "Damn Draco." Theo whistled, wiggling his eyebrows at him, "How'd you get the town's bookworm into your bed?"

     He glared at the shorter boy menacingly while taking a bite of his burger, "We haven't had sex yet for your information Nott."

     "Possessive and hasn't slept with her yet?" He snorted, regardless of his friend's attempt at scaring him into submission, "somebody's got it baaa- ow! Damn, mate, no need for violence." He said a little angrily but it was all teasing. Nothing ever got too serious with Theo, he was the person you wanted to be around when you got tired of being sad all the time. 

     Draco rolled his eyes, it was all the same with Theo. Their friendship was slightly predictable but he wouldn't have it any other way. Now with Pansy? Uh... maybe it would be a tad bit nice for predictable since she was a ticking time bomb. Or a tomato depending on her appearance now. 

     "So?! What do you have to say about that?!" Said girl asked him, her fists clenching and unclenching at the same time. Though at what, he didn't exactly know yet. Which was new considering he knows all her emotions ranging from 0-100. Like the fact she gets very cocky when she gets a new designer whatever thanks to her mum.

     "Nothing except for the fact that I like her and she likes me back. I don't know why you're pissed off but you should stop." He said, short and to the point because this happened nearly every single time he got a girlfriend.

     He knew it wasn't jealousy because Pansy and Blaise were in love and anybody could see it, smart or not. And they practically grew up in the same crib, separated only by their genders according to their parents. The brunette stared him down, glaring fiercely but her mouth was kept shut. 

     For the remainder of their stay during lunch, there was just silence in the atmosphere. If you didn't count the kisses of the two couples sitting there. But none of them dared to breach the silence that had built between Pansy and Draco.

     Those two were plain nasty when you crossed both of them, but against each other? It rarely happened and it always ended badly for both parties. It never lasted more than a week so no one in their circle of friends actually bothered to mend the friendship between them. If you meddled it would only cause more problems.

     But did anyone ever tell Hermione Granger that?