Having an Affair with My Soon-to-Be Stepdad [4]

Heyyerrz :D

So I haven't updated this story in forever and I'm really sorry :))

But hopefully you'll enjoy this part

And make sure to check out my other stories if you have enough time :))

____________________________________________________________

Warning!! I didn't make this dirty really,

but there are some words

that will be a little inappropriate

for my little innocents!!

So don't read if you're one!! :)

___________________________________________________________

I felt a sting in my heart at what James had said. Why did he just call me a bitch? But what boggled me more was what he had said before that. "Hey!" I shouted at the slammed door. "What are you talking about?!"

I followed him into the house and gently closed the door behind me. My mom was sitting at the table, her head in her arms, obviously taking a small nap. This was a habit we both shared when we were upset.

I felt a twinge of regret and gently tiptoed past her. I went upstairs and into the hallway, accidentally bumping into James. I looked up at him and saw that he was shirtless, only wearing white pajama pants. He sighed angrily and tried to push past me. "Hey," I whispered fiercely, grabbing his arm.

Even though my grip had little effect on his built, vein-y arm, he turned and faced me angrily. "What do you want?"

Suddenly I got shy for some reason and removed my hand, dropping my gaze to the floor. "What did you mean by that?" I asked, chin tucked into my neck.

"Huh?" He asked, impatiently putting his ear closer to me. "Speak up, I can't hear you."

"I said, 'What did you mean?'?" I asked, speaking a little louder into my chest. "I mean...By the whole daddy thing."

He smirked at me, and then thought about something. "It's just an expression," he decided, putting a hand on my shoulder and giving me a "You're so immature" look. "Don't think to much into it, kid," he said, patting my shoulder and then passing by me and down the stairs.

I followed him, but ducked behind the corner of the wall when I saw him reach into the refrigerator and pull out a Heineken bottle. He popped it open, taking a swig and then walking into the living room. He flopped down on the couch, grabbing the remote and flicking on the TV.

I saw my mother's head shoot up and watched as she gently stretched and yawned. I felt like such a creep, watching someone from behind a wall, but they both weren't very happy with me and I was too emotional right now to apologize. My mother crept passed the wall, causing me to hold in my breath as she passed directly by me. She stopped, for a split second and then continued back up the stairs, going into her room and closing the door.

I let out my breath and sighed, watching as James chugged the beer and then threw it on the floor, putting his legs up onto the table. He was so cute, even when he was doing something bad or wrong, like drinking or smoking...WHAT? Shut up, I told myself. Eww, not James. Maybe Jimmy, but definitely not James.

James leaned his back and scratched his stomach...His incredibly ripped and-STOP!! I shouted at myself again. "Stupid, stupid, stupid," I whispered, slapping myself on the forehead.

"You know you can stop hiding behind that wall, talking to yourself like I don't NOTICE," James said, not turning around, but arching his head back as he said, "Notice".