Having an Affair with My Soon-to-Be Stepdad [11]

WOOT! WOOT!

Next part FINALLY!!!

Hope you like it :D

_________________________________

As the three of us; meaning me, mom and James stepped out of the door, it suddenly hit me to ask. "So who's giving me a ride?"

"Hmm?" my mom asked, turning away from her hand mirror in surprise. "Us, Mirage! Who else?"

I rolled my eyes as she smiled at James like I didn't notice. "I mean which ONE of you? You both have cars, remember?" I asked, giving her a sarcastic look. "Or should I just take the bus?"

"Of course not!" my mother cut in quickly. "Well.....What do you think, Jamie?" she asked, turning to him questioningly. It was obviously an easy decision for her. She'd rather die than be caught in her '88 AMC Eagle blue sedan at the mall.

James smiled at me sneakily. "Well it doesn't make much sense for us to drive to the same place in different cars," he reasoned. I rolled my eyes yet again. "We'll just have Ben drive us." He walked up to me and smiled. "Use your head," he said, grinning and ruffling my hair all over the place.

I glared at him and slapped his hand away and sulked my way ahead of them to the elevator. I pressed the 'Lobby' button and stood at the right corner. Suddenly, mom's phone rang and she turned towards the hallway to answer it. "You guys go without me, I'll catch up to you," she said, smiling and answering her phone.

I glanced at James and stepped out, "Yup, I'll take the stairs, then."

James suddenly grabbed my waist and said, "Nope, you're comin' with me."

I fidgeted and tried to call out, "MOOOOMM!!" but the elevator doors shut in my face.

James pushed me against the wall and smiled. "So," he said, wicked grin smeared on his face.

"Get any closer and I'll tell mom about everything, you pervert," I snarled threateningly, although inside, my heart quaked.

"Sure you will," he said, putting both of his arms on either side of me.

I could practically feel his breath on my face. I backed away and warned in a low voice, "You better step back, I'm not kidding."

"Sure you aren't," he said, in the same mocking, rude voice as before.

I took a deep breath realized where he was going with this. "I warned ya," I said inaudibly.

"Sure you did," he whispered, before leaning into me gently.

I shrugged and slowly pulled my fist back, bringing it back with a hollow thud as it landed on his stomach. He groaned and hobbled backward to the other wall.

I leaned back against the wall as James clutched his stomach and cursed under his breath. "Little piece of-" he was cut off as the elevator doors opened.

In stepped Mr. Fornier with a cart full of pastries and annoyed look on his face.

"I'm a concierge not a blasted patissier!" he growled angrily. He looked up and saw us. "Oh! Monsieur Wright!" he said, backing up suddenly. He saw James keeled over and stepped out. "I'll uh... Take the next one," he said with a sheepish smile.

James didn't say anything, only waited till the doors closed to get up and walk towards me. "I swear to God, I'm gonna-"

I cut him off by staring at him timidly. I lowered my eyes and stared at the floor.