Having an Affair with My Soon-to-Be Stepdad [5]

Next part :)

Sorry for the whole, posting-un-posting thing. I just had to add a few things :))

Enjoy, and thanks for all the support guys :)

____________________________________________

I woke up the next morning to heavy pounding on my door. "Mirage! Mirage! Wake up, or we'll miss our flight!!" My mom called from the doorway.

She didn't come in because I had wisely locked the door last night. James reminded of those people who threatened to chop your hair off in the middle of the night while you were sleeping. I shivered, making sure my hair was still on my head as I patted it down.

I yawned and looked at the alarm clock. It was 7:45AM, and I had set it to six. "Wow," I mumbled, slamming the snooze button so the annoying device would shut up. "I couldn't hear a thing for an hour and a half...."

I stood up in my huge white hoody that reached my knees and the loose pajama pants underneath. As I stretched out my arms, I looked out the window to the beach and then frowned, realizing I would probably never see such beauty ever again.

I was just stepping away from the window when I saw...Jimmy. He had his hands in his pockets again, staring out at the beach in the same manner as before. For some reason I flung open the window and yelled out, "JIMMY! HI!!"

He turned around quickly and looked up at the window. He stared at me for a long time and then suddenly yelled, "MIRAGE, HEY!! HOW ARE YA?!"

I giggled and replied, "FINE THANKS! I'LL TALK TO YOU LATER!!" I felt bad for not saying goodbye but I didn't have time. He was probably the only good part of coming to the stupid beach house with James and my mother...

I went to the door and opened it wide, yelling, "MOM! I'm up!!"

My mother, who was downstairs, gave me a look from where I could see her from the railing and then turned back to looking for James's car keys. I cringed, remembering my comments from the other day.

Tiptoeing down the stairs, I watched as my mom gently folded her clothes into her suitcase. I watched her, so innocent, so kind to everyone; I couldn't blame her for getting with that jackass. I mean she hadn't dated in a while.

I came behind her and gently put my hands over her face. "Guess who?" I asked sweetly.

"Mirage, go pack your things," my mother mumbled as she stuffed a bright scarf into the corner of the suitcase.

"Mom, don't act like that," I pouted, hugging her like I used to when I was a child. "I'm sorry," I sniffed out, hugging her tightly. "I didn't mean to act like a witch."

"Mirage," she laughed out. She turned and hugged me back, but turned me to the stairs. "Go pack," she said firmly, though I could still see the smile she was trying to hide.

"I love you mommy," I said jokingly as I climbed the stairs.

She laughed as she turned to the kitchen, getting out the cooking utensils.

I smiled and turned, bumping right into James.

He looked like he had just woken up, with his hair dry and messy and his eyes slightly squinty and tired. "What?" he asked, as I widened my eyes at him. He scratched at his chest and yawned. Suddenly, as he tried to push past him, he clutched at him stomach, groaning. "Ah! My stomach-...YOU!" He looked up abruptly, staring directly at me.