four

Isabella Swan found herself staring at a particular painting in the Cullen residence one afternoon.

It had been several months since the incident in Volterra yet she still could not stop thinking about how truly strange the blue eyes queen was.

"Looking at what to avoid Bella?" The booming voice that could only belong to Emmett asked with a smirk.

"Actually I was looking at the queen, Rune." The human stated while looking back up at the only female in the painting. Emmett snorted at the answer.

"Why the hell wouldn't you want to avoid her. She's the queen. She's terrifying and terrible. I mean just look at her." Emmett stated while eyeing the painting.

"I don't believe that." Edward said, coming into the conversation.

"When I was in Volterra she seemed truly different from what I've ever heard about her. Her thoughts, her words, I don't doubt for a second she's ruthless but she also saved my life." Edward continued.

"It's true." Carlisle said as he approached. By now everyone was looking at the painting.

"When I spent time with the Volturi Rune was always incredibly kind to me. I think I was one of the few people that got to see that side of her but she was a truly amazing woman. She loves her brothers and the guard like her family just as I love this family." Carlisle told his children, slightly upset that they would disrespect a woman that he truly looked up to.

Everyone was silent as they looked at the painting, all there thoughts on how the blue eyes queen was different from what they originally thought.