thirteen

Kneeling down on the middle of the battle field, Rune found herself smiling contently.

"Hello, my name is Rune." The queen greeted her mate softly.

"I'm Renesmee." The hybrid shyly replied and Rune smiled softly.

"Renesmee is a very pretty name. Now, would you mind showing me what your sister is showing my brother?" The Volturi queen asked. The young girl nodded her head and gently placed her small hand on the elder vampires cheek. The vampire then got flashes of memories that weren't hers, proving that her coven was in fact wrong. Despite that fact Rune couldn't find it in herself to be upset, instead she simply smiled softly, taking the young Cullen's hand of her cheek and holding it in between her two cold ones.

"Well you are simply extraordinary." Rune voiced, making the young girl smile innocently, looking down.

"Not as extraordinary as you, your a queen, and you have special eyes." The young Cullen pointed out, and the Volturi queen let out a soft musical laughter that had everyone mesmerized.

"Thank you lovely Renesmee, though I must admit that while I am a queen, you my young one are a miracle." Rune said softly, tucking a piece of hair behind the girls ear causing a lovely blush to rise up onto her cheeks.

"Thank you." The young girl whispered shyly, looking down at the ground. Rune didn't like that her young mate wasn't looking at her, so she took two fingers and gently lifted up her chin.

"Don't shy away from compliments precious. I could write a play that would put Shakespeare in tears just talking about how precious you are." She cooed her younger mate, smiling softly at her rose colored cheeks as she nodded.

"Okay." She murmured and Rune grinned happily. She could feel the gaze of everyone as she leaned in close to the small hybrid, placing a lingering kiss on the girls forehead while thoughtlessly ignoring the growls of the guard dogs. Her lips stayed on precious Renesmee's forehead a moment longer, allowing the ancient vampire to inhale all of her mates scent that she possibly could before pulling away.

"Brother, I believe we can see that there is no problem here." The queen stated in a tone that left no room for question, reaching up she grazed her palm against the raven haired man who giggled excitedly.

"Of course sister, there is no problem. We shall take our leave." Aro agreed, a wide grin spreading across his features.

With that, the Volturi witnesses and lower guard vanished. The high guard and Kings waited in the tree line while Rune stayed a moment longer with her mate.

"I don't want you to go." The Cullen pouted sadly and Rune chuckled at the sheer adorableness of her young mate.

"Don't worry, I'll be back. I promise." Rune soothed, grinning sadly at the lovely girl she already loved.

With that, Rune Volturi fled the field, leaving a part of her heart behind.

AUTHORS NOTE

I'm going to be updating whichever 3 / 5 books you want today. Let me know which you'd like.